My photos icon changed to an android on nexus 6p

A

AC Question

Idk why it does this I have a Nexus 6p and it's only been a few hours since I got Android o

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I've only ever seen this when an app package becomes corrupt, or does not uninstall properly and leaves the shortcut or launch activity behind. The android icon is meerly a placeholder that the OS uses to represent the shortcut.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Guessing it's just a bug somewhere with the 0 beta and Photos. The app appears to be fully functional, so I am not going to sweat it. They'll get it sorted eventually, but it's a beta... these things happen.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same; but did a FDR yesterday. It was unrelated to O; had another issue. Now the photo app icon is normal, why?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
The original Photos app that is included with the O beta has no issue with the icon. There was an update for Photos on the O beta which broke the icon. There has since been another update which fixed the icon.

O beta stock Photos app: Photos has icon
O beta updated Photos app: Photos has no icon
O beta updated (again) Photos app: Photos has icon

Basically, for that one update, one of Google's devs forgot to apply the icon to the app, which broke the icon when the app was updated. They've since fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87