Buy the OnePlus 3 or wait for the Moto Z

A

AC Question

So the oneplus 3 got released yesterday and the moto z got announced last week (prob. released in september in europe) and I'm really doubting which one to buy. the mods and expandable storage on the moto z are cool, but on the other hand its 3 months waiting time is pretty long. i'm a bit afraid that the oxygen os might lag after a year of so, since i'm not a huge fan of skins on android. can you guys help me out, buy the OP 3 or wait for the moto z?

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
So the oneplus 3 got released yesterday and the moto z got announced last week (prob. released in september in europe) and I'm really doubting which one to buy. the mods and expandable storage on the moto z are cool, but on the other hand its 3 months waiting time is pretty long. i'm a bit afraid that the oxygen os might lag after a year of so, since i'm not a huge fan of skins on android. can you guys help me out, buy the OP 3 or wait for the moto z?

2 different markets IMO. The moto z is not trying to be the flagship phone at an affordable price so you are probably looking at a price of around 500-600 for the standard moto z and closer to $700 for the Moto z force. So when talking price, clearly OP3 is the winner. Then when you factor in that the moto z force spec wise will be the same as the OP3 but with less ram then the value is really in the OP3. If you are more interested in the mods more than anything then wait, aside from that the OP3 is the superior device all things considered. Also waiting 3 months sucks, I often don't even keep a phone that long.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Right now I would go for OP 3, but all depends on what you value more on a new phone, battery, camera, SD card, price, etc. Some rumours say that the Moto X line isn't dead and we'll see some new phones before the end of the year, including the new X Play. I wouldn't hold my breath though :)

Another possibility is wait for the new ZTE Axon 7. Similar price and specs.