Is some of the 3T's having issues with AT&T?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is having the same issues with the 3T on AT&T not connecting to LTE as the 3 is?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the OP3 but still having issues connecting to 4G. I'm the process of waiting for AT&T to provision my imei numbers in their system. Just curious before upgrading to the 3T if there were similar issues with AT&T

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure but my guess is yes. My Moto X 14' had the same issues. After they put the information into their system its been solid ever since!

So if its a known issue with the OP3...Then I'd just do it with the OP3T to save you some time.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the OP3 but still having issues connecting to 4G. I'm the process of waiting for AT&T to provision my imei numbers in their system. Just curious before upgrading to the 3T if there were similar issues with AT&T

What does LTE Discovery say when you run it?

I don't understand why this continues to be a problem. AT&T knows the OP3. Once my APN was properly setup, I have had no known issues.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
If you have followed the AT&T guide for non-ATT devices,
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...WzpxbKM-xK8c0Z0jF4WkK3jrWgnUOg&token=JT0gshiu

I only have one other thought: instead of using NXTGENPHONE for the Access Point name and the APN (per the guide), use:
Name: ATT phone
APN: phone.

I have no idea if that makes a difference or not, but those are my settings that differ from the ATT guide.

On my OP3 under Setttings/Cellular network settings, I touch Access Point names and see:
ATT WAP
ATT phone.

ATT phone is checked. ATT WAP has wap.cingular underneath while ATT Phone simply says phone underneath.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've tried all of that. Verified I have a compatible SIM, called verified I have a compatible data plan unlimited 4G LTE. (SIM card works with LTE in my Blackberry) tried both of those apn settings and others as well. All no good. Called AT&T everything provisioned for LTE and submitted the imei's to be entered into their system.