Got my invitation, but it's worthless without LTE

TelecasterM

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I would jump on my invitation if the X had Band 17 for ATT LTE. The phone is worthless without that LTE coverage. What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, that stinks. I'm on T-Mobile and they're starting to roll out B12 in my area, but even my B12-equipped phones connect via B4. I'm still reluctant because I want my phone to be reasonably future-proof.

angel220

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Contact one plus about the Band 12, Band 17 frequency for T- Mobile and AT&T. The chat went as follows:

Server Message:

Please wait. A OnePlus Support Representative will be with you shortly.

*10:23:12 AM

Johnedel said:

Hello Angel. My name is Johnedel how can I help you?

*10:23:24 AM

You said:

Interested in the one plus x, wondering if their will be an update for the band 12, band 17 for LTE ATT?

*10:25:54 AM

Johnedel said:

Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we are still working on this matter. We'll keep you posted on the forums about any updates on this.

*10:29:39 AM

You said:

The hardware of the one plus x has the capability for an update to band 12, 17?

*10:31:11 AM

Johnedel said:

Device is compatible with some of the network carriers frequencies. It may work.

*10:34:29 AM

You said:

It works but not on 4G LTE AT&T, simple question does the hardware on the one plus x have the capability to upgrade the firmware to carry the band 12, band 17 frequency?

*10:36:31 AM

Johnedel said:

Yes. It can carry the band but as of the moment we have some compatibility issues with the networks. We will update you on the forums about any progres on this matter,

*10:38:21 AM

You said:

Thank you.

*10:38:43 AM

Posted via the Android Central App

John Wiskowski

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just for some clarity, it is not a horrible experience for all users on AT&T. I am actually seeing better LTE signal where I live with my OnePlus X than with my LG Nexus 5X. It all depends where you live. I was worried it would be a horrible experience, but it is not. Personally, I also love to use the device way more than the Nexus.