Been a while.. New rom

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone is getting pretty leggy and clunky and I want to refresh it's life!
The last time I flashed a rom was some Rodimus build from the first few days of April.
What's the latest coolest rom?
Also, I kinda forgot how to install new roms as there were so many steps, can I just boot into recovery and flash a new rom from sd?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone is getting pretty leggy and clunky and I want to refresh it's life!
The last time I flashed a rom was some Rodimus build from the first few days of April.
What's the latest coolest rom?
Also, I kinda forgot how to install new roms as there were so many steps, can I just boot into recovery and flash a new rom from sd?

I prefer bumblebee the most for froyo roms. AOSP is your only, mostly stable, gb rom although we are tying to make zefies work at the moment.

When in recovery make sure you wipe everything, cache, system, data, etc before flashing the new one. I just use every wipe, other than my sdcard, option there is in recovery. Then flash the new one.

Edit: There are a few froyo roms, all of them good. I would probably download and test them all as it really doesn't take too long to flash them. :)

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I would wipe what the last guy said plus dalvek (spelling?) then format systems data and cache. Then flash zip from sd.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the xionia .6 recovery, the xionia ones can flash any rom, and is the one I would personally recommend but a majority of xionia recovery users use the .4 and I know that one works very good as well. Find the thread about flashable recoveries in this forum, it's the easiest way to get one of them on your phone.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello
I am using Harmonia. Its been great and leaves a ton of free space after install.. Personally the only other one I like is BumbleBee. I haven't install it yet but I'm sure I will sometime.. The Xionia .6 recovery is the only way to go IMO. Like stated above wipe EVERYTHING (you can leave the SD card) before installing the ROM. I had the best luck installing the ROM from the SD card. ROM tools wouldn't flash the ROM for me.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Use Xionia .4 or .6, they work best, don't let anyone tell you different. These are the only recoveries that work with all roms for our phones.

As for roms...
Bumblebee, Harmonia, Reborn or AOSP are your primary choices.
Coming from Rodimus, you will probably prefer Reborn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87