[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Wow, just checked the VM website, and the optimus V is the only phone, other then the dreadful Intercept, to get 6 hours of talk time! If i think my battery life could be more, i'd better not change phones until they release one with equal or better battery life, and not worse! lol! :)

thesullivan

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure it doesn't work, with newer OVs? I've read that it does. If it doesn't work on newer screens, then what is the best recovery for both Harmonia 1 and 2 for both old and new OVs?

Bobzhomes IHO recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I've also read that it does, I got my OV this past blackfriday and assume it's the new screen and its working.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick question.... flashed this rom and my 3g goes to 1x. But of if I go back to my back up of froyo or AOSP my 3g is fine. Bad download maybe?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Great work (2.03)!!! Makes the stock V feel clunky, for sure.

Only problem I have is with phone volume.. the ear-piece is far too loud, even at the lowest setting. I have to hold the phone an inch away from my ear to talk comfortably. Am I missing a toggle somewhere?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind! It seems to be ok now. Some sort of fiddly-ness with the volume rocker vs. menu settings. I think :) :)

EDIT-AGAIN: Ok, so after a reboot the earsplitting call volume returned. Just turning the vol. down didn't do anything. I can fix it by turning the volume up to max (in call, using the rocker) and then back down to min. Seems like the phone vol. is pegged at max but the software doesn't know it (?) and then catches up with itself after the rocker goes through the full range of levels (?) BTW - all other volume levels are normal.

I've also noticed that call volume seems to be way too loud even on the lowest setting. It's actually so loud that it sounds distorted.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Quick question.... flashed this rom and my 3g goes to 1x. But of if I go back to my back up of froyo or AOSP my 3g is fine. Bad download maybe?
Could be a bad flash/download as 3g has no issues my way.

Only issue I have is with the Market not showing my apps even though manual searches for my current apps says INSTALLED.

I've also noticed that call volume seems to be way too loud even on the lowest setting. It's actually so loud that it sounds distorted.

Configure you're DSP settings.
The equalizer is there for a reason.

Tapatalk via OV

Last edited:
Reactions: 00_wrath_00

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Could be a bad flash/download as 3g has no issues my way.

Only issue I have is with the Market not showing my apps even though manual searches for my current apps says INSTALLED.

Clear market cache and market settings maybe.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

During a call, turn volume all the way up with the volume rocker (even if it already seems loud) then turn it down from there.

I believe it's a common issue with other IHO ROMs as well.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
During a call, turn volume all the way up with the volume rocker (even if it already seems loud) then turn it down from there.

I believe it's a common issue with other IHO ROMs as well.

Thanks for confirming. How long does this fix last for? Until i reboot?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re-downloaded and 3g is fine now. Awesomely fast rom. Been out the OV scene awhile but came back. Great to see so many rom options. Keep up the awesome work.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for confirming. How long does this fix last for? Until i reboot?

Not sure if it's until next reboot or more permanent. I don't currently have this problem myself - I only did see it once awhile ago. I had noticed this remedy posted many times and it fixed it that one time when I had the problem. Haven't seen it since.

shindleria235

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I have a couple of problems that I can't seem to figure out myself.
Some few apps (currently Google+, FileExpert, and The Economist) won't update. When they try to automatically, or I try to manually, I get either an Invalid Package File error or "There is insufficient space on the device." I definitely have 112MB free internal, because most of my apps are moved to my 16GB SD card, which also has 7.49GB free. Tried clearing Market cache and data, helped for some of the other apps this problem occurred with, but these ones still won't work.
Also, I have tried to use the built-in wireless tether, as well as Wireless Tether app, and it seems one can no longer tether while connected to wi-fi. This definitely worked with the 1.xx versions of Harmonia, which I loved, so I'm wondering if that feature is simply no longer available in GingerBread, or something being worked on, or what. Any info would be great, I'm loving this build and I'd be sad to switch back to stock or even older Harmonia (this one is otherwise wonderful!).

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
Clear market cache and market settings maybe.
Was a no go.
I ended up wiping all & started from scratch manually.
Funny thing is now the charge is lasting longer as well.

In short: when updating just start from scratch.

Not sure if it's until next reboot or more permanent. I don't currently have this problem myself - I only did see it once awhile ago. I had noticed this remedy posted many times and it fixed it that one time when I had the problem. Haven't seen it since.

No issues here either.
However I have the old 2.2.1 OV.

Maybe the issue is only on the newer OV's.
Just my $0.03.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Interesting bug here....

I just swapped to the bobZhome recovery linked in the OP, then proceeded to format everything the recovery gave me an option for, multiple times just to make absolutely sure.

installed Harmonia 2.03, booted up and realized the battery icon was dif from 2.0 so I found and downloaded the .zip of the new stuff. I renamed the zip to "update.zip" and used the recovery to flash update. In hindsight this probably wasn't the right way to do it but it seemed logical? in any case it gave me the new battery icon but borked the lockscreen. heres what I have now:

for now I am just going to nuke and start over but I really do like the bigger battery display. how should I properly apply the files to get the icon without messing up anything else?

Oh, also. I am unable to mount USB storage from the recovery to move files. it gives me the error "E: Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)" any idea what that is about?

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have a couple of problems that I can't seem to figure out myself.
Some few apps (currently Google+, FileExpert, and The Economist) won't update.

{cut}

Also, I have tried to use the built-in wireless tether, as well as Wireless Tether app, and it seems one can no longer tether while connected to wi-fi. This definitely worked with the 1.xx versions of Harmonia, which I loved, so I'm wondering if that feature is simply no longer available in GingerBread, or something being worked on, or what. Any info would be great, I'm loving this build and I'd be sad to switch back to stock or even older Harmonia (this one is otherwise wonderful!).
The first sounds like a Market issue, which happens on occasion, not sure on the space thing.

The second sounds irrelevant, I'm not sure I see the need to tether wireless. At any rate, it would best be tackled in the IHO thread as it pertains to all IHO.

Was a no go.
I ended up wiping all & started from scratch manually.
Funny thing is now the charge is lasting longer as well.

In short: when updating just start from scratch.

I agree a clean install is better.

Interesting bug here....

installed Harmonia 2.03, booted up and realized the battery icon was dif from 2.0 so I found and downloaded the .zip of the new stuff. I renamed the zip to "update.zip" and used the recovery to flash update. In hindsight this probably wasn't the right way to do it but it seemed logical? in any case it gave me the new battery icon but borked the lockscreen. heres what I have now:

for now I am just going to nuke and start over but I really do like the bigger battery display. how should I properly apply the files to get the icon without messing up anything else?

Oh, also. I am unable to mount USB storage from the recovery to move files. it gives me the error "E: Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)" any idea what that is about?
It sounds like you did everything correct.
I have the suspicion that the second zip you flashed borked everything. It was probably a bad download. The battery indicator is in framwork-rez.apk, which also contains the lock screen and a lot of the interface, so if that file was bad, it could cause pretty much everything you experienced.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

well im awesome. rechecked the file and I had the updated status bar from 2.01, not 2.03. you might wanna just delete the link to that Lesie :p

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
@Leslie:
How hard would it be to change the code for CDMA/Evedo within the main settings with our hidden "phone info" apk?

I ask as the 2g/3g switch integrated with this rom does not work.
However the hidden "phone info" is found within your rom & does function on radio switching.

Just a suggestion for a future update is all as then we could change CDMA/Evedo on the fly as well as killing the radio without having to use Airplane mode.
42570268-52f5-38d8.jpg

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

@Leslie:
How hard would it be to change the code for CDMA/Evedo within the main settings with our hidden "phone info" apk?

I ask as the 2g/3g switch integrated with this rom does not work.
However the hidden "phone info" is found within your rom & does function on radio switching.

Just a suggestion for a future update is all as then we could change CDMA/Evedo on the fly as well as killing the radio without having to use Airplane mode.
That is better taken up in the IHO thread.
As for it happening, it's not as simple as changing a name.

Reactions: scootincivic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel