| || |
[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 22.214.171.124-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV
With permission from drewwalton19216801 I have created a thread for CWMT Recovery. This is copied from the OS forum. This will work with our phones.
I am not responsible if you brick your phone.
This thread will be up until drewwalton19216801 offically supports the OV. Once he does this thread can be closed.
Works with old and new screens.
Thanks to the following for verifying that it works on new screens.
Members that verified recovery works on new screen
1) CWM Recovery currently can only flash newer ROM ZIPs that use edify scripting. Amend scripting is not supported at this time. Basically, Gingerbread ROMs (including CM7 and CM9) ONLY for now.
2) Radio.img flashing has been disabled (read: should be disabled). This hasn't been tested, but all of you should know by now to NEVER flash OTA updates with a custom recovery
3) Drew ported this in two-ish days while remoted into my desktop from work. TeamViewer FTW!
4) I (Drew) have removed the "wipe battery stats" menu item from the Advanced menu and will not be re-enabling it no matter how much people complain. According to Dianne Hackborn, wiping the battery stats does absolutely nothing to your battery life.
5) Starting with TH5, CWM Recovery (now CWMT Recovery now has touch controls! In order: Back, Down, Up, Select. The physical buttons still work as expected if you don't want to use the touch controls.
Flashing Instructions (Im not sure if this will work with our phones. I dont know enough about adb to attempt. If someone wants to test and report back then I'll delete or edit this as needed. Terminal flash is in post 2)
1) Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access
2) Download the CWMT Recovery v126.96.36.199-th7 image
3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card.
4) Fire up an ADB shell
5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now.
6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image)
7) Reboot to recovery mode
Download CWMT Recovery v188.8.131.52-th7
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, drewwalton19216801, Team Hydro, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image.
added link with md5sum thanks to sblood86
1) Touch control surfaces extend upwards to the top of the screen.
This is intended behavior, it's called being fat-finger friendly
v184.108.40.206-th7: Text overlapping the touch controls no longer happens, thanks to sblood86's awesome investigative skillz. Also, the corrupted nandroid backup issue should be resolved as we are now forcing TAR backups for partitions.
v220.127.116.11-th6: UI update, thanks sblood86
v18.104.22.168-th5: Skipped th4, first pass at touch controls!
v22.214.171.124-th3: Removed "wipe battery stats" option from advanced menu
v126.96.36.199-th2: Added "wipe system/data/cache" option to main menu
v188.8.131.52-th1: Initial release
The CyanogenMod Team
All of Team Hydro
Team Utter Chaos
Any issues should be reported to THIS THREAD and not the OS THREAD. But here is the link to the OS forum to check out development.
I will update when drew updates the recovery.
I dont do donations. If you want to donate donate to the developers.
All I ask is you hit the like and thanks button on here and on the OS thread.
Update....A little late as I don't have a PC and no longer using VM. As LeslieAnn stated in her radio update post DO NOT FLASH HER RADIO UPDATE WITH THIS RECOVERY. IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE. Sorry for not updating it sooner. Also if you use Jerry's ZV9 rooting method DO not use this recovery to flash the SU zip or it WILL brick your phone as mentioned in his post. Use his method of rooting then if you want to use touch recovery flash it after your phone is rooted.