Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

It works find for me , also espier launcher crashes on me so now Ian using adw any good iPhone launcher?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    Harmonia 2.07/Mirage2.6.3

So I gave this rom a shot for a few days and I must say nice work it is solid. Having "ios" on an android phone was a weird experience haha but not necessarily badbad

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Default Re: [ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

Got it to work and dude use Ilauncher full verison 2.1.3.4 Its the legit iphone launcher icons and everything dont be dumb! <3 Why does no one know about this launcher except a few
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...auncher2&hl=en

Carrier

Okay guys here you go... This is how to get the CLOSEST to ios possible as of today. <3
    1. Install this rom
    2. Change the clock to center and Normal Pm/Am, Get batter % and Icon
    3. Install these applications
    Iphone Notifications
    iLauncher
    Iphone Keyboard Emulator
    Espier Browser
    4. Download a Music Icon, Clock icon, and Safari icon. Change all of them according to so in the Ilauncher settings application so now every app is themed like Ios5 Then "Hide" All of the random apps that are unneeded on the homescreen.
    5. Customize your homescreen however so.
    For more of a Ios look..
    6. Install MiLocker and get Iphone 6.7.Mtz ( Its a Miui Theme ) and use that, then in Milocker check "Hide statusbar" and its a clone to the Lockscreen.
    Random reminders...
    In the orginal lockscreen Double hit home to see the camera shortcut.. No one mentioned this so far!
    .. Have fun!
    torch2424 and Badboytoast like this.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

@lemon
    That looks awesome! Thanks

Carrier
    aospCMOD Android 2.3.4

Everything is fine except for some visual artifacts which aren't too problematic.

Espier launcher does however crash for me and leave me with a black screen.
    lattimorej1986 likes this.

Carrier

Welcome, If you follow all my instructions you are like 95% ios maybe even more honestly lol. If only i had a video camera i would film this in the dark and you wouldnt even be able to tell really..
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Mind PMing the 3G fix?

I sent a PM to a user named the.emilio, and he shared with me:

deodex the rom, grab the cdma folder from cm7's (or whatever) framework.jar and stick it in joy os framework.jar. then compile, zip, sign, etc.

You need to decode the framework.jar file from both roms using baksmali/apktool

There are two CDMA folders
    - com/android/internal/telephony/cdma
    - android/telephony/cdma

Only the first one needs to be replaced. although you can replace both.

If you use it please give him credit
    Badboytoast likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by xxlemonxx View Post
    Any one else experiencing this but my CM settings are not working like Clock Am/Pm and Battery Percentage and what not. It used to on last build.. :/
    hmmm that shouldn't be happening, the only thing I changed from these two builds were communications files :0 have you tried doing a full wipe and reinstalling?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Okay guys here you go... This is how to get the CLOSEST to ios possible as of today. <3
    1. Install this rom
    2. Change the clock to center and Normal Pm/Am, Get batter % and Icon
    3. Install these applications
    Iphone Notifications
    iLauncher
    Iphone Keyboard Emulator
    Espier Browser
    4. Download a Music Icon, Clock icon, and Safari icon. Change all of them according to so in the Ilauncher settings application so now every app is themed like Ios5 Then "Hide" All of the random apps that are unneeded on the homescreen.
    5. Customize your homescreen however so.
    For more of a Ios look..
    6. Install MiLocker and get Iphone 6.7.Mtz ( Its a Miui Theme ) and use that, then in Milocker check "Hide statusbar" and its a clone to the Lockscreen.
    Random reminders...
    In the orginal lockscreen Double hit home to see the camera shortcut.. No one mentioned this so far!
    .. Have fun!
    Is it alright if I put this in the OP and give you credit? alot of people are having trouble with espier, so this guide is great :3

Carrier

Im fine with that <3
    torch2424 likes this.

Carrier
    Always changing!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMACHOMAN86 View Post
    Everything is fine except for some visual artifacts which aren't too problematic.

Espier launcher does however crash for me and leave me with a black screen.
    I have yet to have Espier Launcher crash on me. What are you doing when it crashes? I'd like to try to reproduce.

You might wanna edit the instructions and the zip. The zip comes with gapps in it, so flashing over rides Vending.apk

Carrier
    aospCMOD Android 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJKremer View Post
    I have yet to have Espier Launcher crash on me. What are you doing when it crashes? I'd like to try to reproduce.
    At first I was running the music player, that's when it began to crash. After restart it just crashed randomly, no apps open.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Same here, it just crash when unlocking the screen, but you can still click on the screen , also at ThatGuyLurkin yes it does come with gapps but , when I flashed gapps it does not crash Google play

Carrier

Oops almost forgot the finishing touch of the complete ios theme!
    Download AIVC from the Market or 4shared or whatever place you want it is almost Exactly like Siri and just a market app.
    Badboytoast likes this.

Carrier

Just edited my post with some screenies of what my setup looks like or my additions you all might want <3
    torch2424 and Badboytoast like this.

Carrier
    Always changing!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMACHOMAN86 View Post
    At first I was running the music player, that's when it began to crash. After restart it just crashed randomly, no apps open.
    I messed around with the music player (tried locking/unlocking, rotating screen), no issues. I did have it "lock up" on me when using the Amazon app store.

I have my back button set to kill current app on a long-press. I did this when the screen was black, thus killing the launcher and dropping me back to the last app used. From here I long-pressed home and then went to settings> display. I turned the brightness up, pressed home - Espier is back! Now, whenever I turn my brightness all the way down, pressing home gives me a black screen. Weird stuff...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Click to view quoted image
    Oops almost forgot the finishing touch of the complete ios theme!
    Download AIVC from the Market or 4shared or whatever place you want it is almost Exactly like Siri and just a market app.
    OMG!!! HAHAHA Your phone looks EXACTLY like ios XD its way better looking than mine :0 great job!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Hey Guys! I finally got a final product for this rom I added some stuff to the updater script to add a more sophisticated installaion, added some build.prop tweaks, and changed the pulldown thingy to say "Notification" instead of "Notifications"(which took me like forever to fix -____-). So expect a finalized and perfect product of this rom in like 2-3 days(I want to experiment and make sure the build.prop tweaks help the rom), and then expect a new port from me in the near future(I was thinking Ligux,MookeOS,or maybe an ics rom, somebody give me some suggestions?) :3 But, I will still work and fix bugs of this rom if they arise
    Badboytoast and mlson like this.

Carrier
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by torch2424 View Post
    Hey Guys! I finally got a final product for this rom I added some stuff to the updater script to add a more sophisticated installaion, added some build.prop tweaks, and changed the pulldown thingy to say "Notification" instead of "Notifications"(which took me like forever to fix -____-). So expect a finalized and perfect product of this rom in like 2-3 days(I want to experiment and make sure the build.prop tweaks help the rom), and then expect a new port from me in the near future(I was thinking Ligux,MookeOS,or maybe an ics rom, somebody give me some suggestions?) :3 But, I will still work and fix bugs of this rom if they arise
    You should port mokee OS it looks so sleek and smooth I really like the style. let me know which one you decide to do I'll totally test for you if you want. Just shoot me a PM.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

This is really smooth and iPhone style on andriod to me really good combination!
    Ill test your new project if you need and extra tester!

For everybody having issues with Espier Launcher, try rolling back to version .90, the developer made a bunch of ICS related updates which broke things in the app. I have a copy if people really need it and can't find it in Google some where.

This is why I try to regularly sweep through /data/app and copy the apks to make sure a update doesn't bork my phone and no way back to what worked before.

torch2424 likes this.

Carrier
    Quattrimus

What are the advantages of ilauncher over espier launcher?

And Torch, in your new port, could you implement some of the things lemon suggested to get it even more ios looking? Specifically the browser, maybe the launcher, the iphone notifications and the keyboard? Or would that be way too much work?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Carrier
    Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuk6666 View Post
    You should port mokee OS it looks so sleek and smooth I really like the style. let me know which one you decide to do I'll totally test for you if you want. Just shoot me a PM.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    Sorry for the tease :/

I just looked into mookeos and every available rom on their webiste is for HDPI devices, and we have a MDPI device :/ and from my knowledge, it's near impossible to port :/

but, I'm still looking for a new project
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast