[ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright Guys, I might Update tonight :D I fixed the icons like bornagain penguin suggested, added build.prop tweaks for better performance and like a good amount more of battery :D like expect 9 hours at least of battery life, more than 12 with regular use :3 and right now Im working on the messaging and music apk :D and I apologize cloud buster, but I honestly don't know blue tooth that well, or anyone that could help me with it :/

But expect a REALLYYYYYY Good build tonight or tommorow night :D

(Oh, and the reson why I update so quick, Is because Im only 16 years young, and all I really do is skate XD and I needed a new hobby ever since gaming got boring, and became an android dev)

Same! Lmao and did you change the status bar at all?:eek:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Lmbo that's what's up man good job and your work is very good keep it up and at least this keeps you out a lot of trouble lol:)

No, trust me I get in alot of trouble, This is just a side hobby XD And sorry But I probably won't update the new rom till tommorow(But forsure tommorow), I just remembered I had to upload a video :p sorry for the tease :/

And sorry lemon but no I didnt, because honestly, I would rather have a translucent status bar than an straight black one, so I'll just leave it the way it is, and i dont see the need to look at the status bar when at the lockscreen when it is displayed in huge bold text slightly under it XD

Last edited:

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried making the edits in the music and sms apps and failed miserably :/ You guys are REALLY testing my knowledge of apk's...and I unfortunately do not know how to shift text(And I cant find it on google) and in the music apk the text field that needs to be changed already says "Artists" so I dont know what is causing the problem :/

Reactions: Badboytoast

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No, trust me I get in alot of trouble, This is just a side hobby XD And sorry But I probably won't update the new rom till tommorow(But forsure tommorow), I just remembered I had to upload a video :p sorry for the tease :/

And sorry lemon but no I didnt, because honestly, I would rather have a translucent status bar than an straight black one, so I'll just leave it the way it is, and i dont see the need to look at the status bar when at the lockscreen when it is displayed in huge bold text slightly under it XD

Lol I feel ya :D but keep at bruh I'm still trying to find time to even attempt to dev but I got a family so with that said keep grinding nd im liking this rom nice and stable. The only thing for me us the BT issue aside that its a definitely a keeper. :cool:

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Another cool thing would be to put the 3g icon on the left with the status bars when the clock is centered :DD

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have the "slide to unlock" screen AND a password? Because every time I set a password, the Slide To Unlock part goes away.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
For the BT issues have you guys try mgree newest kernel! It might do the trick :D I can't test because I don't own a BT

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: inceyet

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Torch, I am an Optimus S user..

I ported JoyOS (didn't port yours, but someone else's on XDA) and I keep getting a google.process.acore error EVERY SECOND, EVERY-TIME I boot up.. I also get a JoyOS Launcher FC, but I think it has to do with the google.process.acore FC because when it pulls up the error, the launcher resets itself... Anyways, with this error, I can't get around the ROM at all. The Launcher doesn't load at all, that's why I can't navigate around the ROM...

I followed this guide to port JoyOS - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb

I did EVERYTHING specified... even the little text that says you have to copy the three files in order to keep your ROM from hanging and getting FC's..

"VERY IMPORTANT :

1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" - Quote from the webpage....

Anyways, this is preventing me from doing anything with the ROM..

Do you have ANY earthly idea as to why this might be happening??

Please help...

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Torch, I am an Optimus S user..

I ported JoyOS (didn't port yours, but someone else's on XDA) and I keep getting a google.process.acore error EVERY SECOND, EVERY-TIME I boot up.. I also get a JoyOS Launcher FC, but I think it has to do with the google.process.acore FC because when it pulls up the error, the launcher resets itself... Anyways, with this error, I can't get around the ROM at all. The Launcher doesn't load at all, that's why I can't navigate around the ROM...

I followed this guide to port JoyOS - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb

I did EVERYTHING specified... even the little text that says you have to copy the three files in order to keep your ROM from hanging and getting FC's..

"VERY IMPORTANT :

1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" - Quote from the webpage....

Anyways, this is preventing me from doing anything with the ROM..

Do you have ANY earthly idea as to why this might be happening??

Please help...

make sure you copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from the joyos rom, so like you totally need to extract those files, and plug them in once your done :0 other than that, I have no clue sir :/

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to be that guy but.. im anxious for the new update not rushing or anything because like you said your 16. :p
I have several things to say to this in response...

1. Me being 16 gives me more time than the average adult :)

2.I dont mind being rushed, It kind of inspires me to work harder (to a point)

3. OP was just updated with the best build yet ;)

Oh, and please tell me if something in the changelog isnt happening, or rom is messing up, I had two versions of this build, and I forgot which one was the right one, or if they were exactly the same XD

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest build this morning. Mostly loving it so far. Have noticed a few quirks, though:
Previously, it was pretty rare for my data to drop to 1X, but it seems to be happening fairly often after flashing 2.0. Coincidence? It hasn't managed to re-acquire 3G signal on it's own. Only after toggling Airplane mode. There are some phantom notifications in the top bar. I don't have any new emails or texts, but it's telling me that apparently there's something I need to check. Battery life has been so-so, and it seems to get a bit warmer than usual.

As someone else mentioned, it'd be cool if you could move the 3G icon over to the left side of the notification bar with the signal bars. A few minor issues aside, I think the ROM is great. Thanks for making it.