[Kernel mod] enable USB fast charging(now in the jawz101 kernel!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It's going to take me a while to get everything working, because I know C and C++ better then I know Java.

Can you help rewrite the touchscreen driver for the optimus m??? It needs major modification to work with ICS..if you're too busy I completely understand...I haven't been able to do anything for awhile thanks to school -_-
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4945557

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This looks great and I've searched and it does seem drew's site is still down and he's busy with other things.. but is there any way this can go into HydroKernel for ZVJ on an Optimus S?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
the kernel I made is based on mrg's kernel- so if it works for mine he could add it to his kernel

Okay, I'm such a noob, please excuse me, but I want this on MiRaGe. I don't really know what to do with the downloadable attachment in the OP.
Should I just use MiRaGe plus jawz101 Kernel to avoid headaches?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm such a noob, please excuse me, but I want this on MiRaGe. I don't really know what to do with the downloadable attachment in the OP.
Thanks in advance.

Sigh......no it doesn't work that way....if you want mirages kernel with only this mod you need to compile the source.....I could do it, maybe (if I don't get the error I got before).

Sent from my Optimus S running VM670ZV5 on MetroPCS.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks in advance.

I think what you're saying is you want to use the MiRaGe ROM with this kernel? Yes, that's exactly what you'd do. That's what I do too. His ROM contains both the Android cm7 ROM & his Linux kernel. So if you install his ROM first & then install this package you'd have his ROM with this kernel.

in short:
go to clockworkmod recovery & do a nand backup
wipe cache & dalvik cache
install the mrg ROM (which also installs the mrg kernel)
install the jawz101 kernel so it replaces the mrg kernel

it's the same kernel as his but with the changes I'd added in addition.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
btw, 9/23 build up yesterday. I found a github page for another phone with a 2.6.32.x kernel and pulled several commits from it since they'd applied cleanly. highlights I was intrigued with were these 2:
Backported initramfs from kernel 2.6.34.x
Makefile: use hardfloat instead of soft

I'm hesitant about that hard float instead of soft float. I don't know what the effects of a hardware based floating point function would do except hardware functions I'd think would be more preferred than software functions. Nothing blew up though. Actually, most of these patches just applied cleanly.

My next phone with be a shiny Google Nexus phone. I'd rather have a latest and greatest Linux kernel than this old 2.6 kernel. That'll be a year or so from now. I'd like to wait until Google has a quad core.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
the msm7627 is hard float. the kernel config offers a VFP (soft float) option as well. hardware FPU definitely better than software emulation of one.

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I think what you're saying is you want to use the MiRaGe ROM with this kernel? Yes, that's exactly what you'd do. That's what I do too. His ROM contains both the Android cm7 ROM & his Linux kernel. So if you install his ROM first & then install this package you'd have his ROM with this kernel.

in short:
go to clockworkmod recovery & do a nand backup
wipe cache & dalvik cache
install the mrg ROM (which also installs the mrg kernel)
install the jawz101 kernel so it replaces the mrg kernel

it's the same kernel as his but with the changes I'd added in addition.

Yup, that's what I was looking for.
Thanks!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried running those scripts on page1 to toggle & is telling me it's an invalid directory ..?
(Using terminal emulator)

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My guess is using this kernel on an Optimus S (ZVJ, Gingerbread, HydroROM) could royally screw it up?

It shouldn't do anything of the sort. Baseband is on a separate partition, and the baseband interactions are built into the ROM, not the Kernel (as far as I know). And since the hardware on the S and V are identical, it shouldn't pose a problem. In fact, any time you install a V ROM, you're installing a V Kernel, so I know for certain that I've run at least 2 (Mirage and BobZ).

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't do anything of the sort. Baseband is on a separate partition, and the baseband interactions are built into the ROM, not the Kernel (as far as I know). And since the hardware on the S and V are identical, it shouldn't pose a problem. In fact, any time you install a V ROM, you're installing a V Kernel, so I know for certain that I've run at least 2 (Mirage and BobZ).

Well I can confirm that flashing it on my HydroROM Optimus S results in it just hanging at the "Team Hydro Presents"... so I don't think it did the trick.

Oh well, no biggy!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
USB fast Charge, that comes in handy. I plan on looking into creating a script like in GTR where you can type it in the Terminal to enable and disable.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This looks great and I've searched and it does seem drew's site is still down and he's busy with other things.. but is there any way this can go into HydroKernel for ZVJ on an Optimus S?

Here you go for zVJ gingerbread only Roms. Test 3 GB kernel http://tinyw.in/1vuP uncompressed modules.

Grab the toggle from Play or use the terminal commands.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87