Error 498/Package File Invalid

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So I've had this problem before but I don't remember what I did and I couldn't find the thread. I know this error has to do with the cache partition. I have 7.7 MB free of the cache partition but i can't get it to increase. I've tried Cache Fixer but I get ERROR: Cache not moved! I have also cleared cache and dalvik cache in recovery. I am on MiRaGe CM7.

This is a tagline, not a signature.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is it that you're trying to do? Clear what cache?
thus can be done in recovery menu.or via link2sd.
If you're trying to install, make sure sign verify is disabled & check allow mock locations.
Other than that need more info plz

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to download/update apps from Google Play but anything over 4 MB will either download and say package file invalid or it tells me it can't be downloaded due to error 498

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
How many apps do you have installed? I discovered that to a point, the space in dalvik cache and cache gets filled with what apps you have installed. The only way to remedy this is to uninstall some apps to update the ones you want to, or move your cache and dalvik (might as well move data as well) to the SD using A2SD++ Script. Link here. Sadly, it looks like he took down the A2SD scripts, which is what we need. I'll keep looking.

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
How many apps do you have installed? I discovered that to a point, the space in dalvik cache and cache gets filled with what apps you have installed. The only way to remedy this is to uninstall some apps to update the ones you want to, or move your cache and dalvik (might as well move data as well) to the SD using A2SD++ Script. Link here. Sadly, it looks like he took down the A2SD scripts, which is what we need. I'll keep looking.

I have 43 apps installed and have 111 MB of internal storage open.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The issue isn't with internal storage, but with the cache and dalvik cache partitions, which aren't reported easily without an extra app. Use FreeSpace to check those partitions.
You might see that dalvik is at 2-11 mb free, which is the cause of the problem. If not, we're looking at a different problem.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

My experience was with the CronMod scripts, and A2SD++ was the specif one that I used. However, that is now defunct, but it is in his gethub here

The first link you posted is a modified script that does what we want that the original dev didn't want to do. The second link doesn't do what we need, as it left dalvik on internal.

So, either go for the script I linked, or the first link from sudo. Either should be the next stepping stone in fixing this.

zuren

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bring an old thread back up but I'm having the same issue and haven't found a clear solution yet. I was rooted on the stock ROM and just went to Harmonia 2.09. I'm also using SetCPU and Link2SD. Once app installs began to fail, I noticed (through Link2SD) that /cache/download was nearly full. The phone runs fine but I can't install anything else. I did a cache and Dalvik wipe in Link2SD and in the recovery mode. There was no change; /cache/download is still 93% full. Can this be wiped?

I tried "Cache Download to SD" (link). Either I didn't use it correctly or it didn't work.

Thanks for any more insight to this issue!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Please explain:
ROM your using.
The recovery you used to flash it, and what all did you wipe and format before flashng it.
What size is your SD card, and what size is the partition. Also what did you format the partition to.
Did you use Link2SD or something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38