[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Andy, question, i downloaded the gb.zip from XDA but since i already flashed the entropy_n_nrgd-tool for MiRaGe rom should i delete the 10 entropy in the init.d file?

Thanks.
Maybe we should discuss the MiRaGe ROM in that thread. I don't want to derail bigsupersquids thread anymore than I accidentally have.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Squid, any chance of you re-uploading the r2.0 kernel to your Google Drive? My accelerometer doesn't work anymore, not since a couple of days ago, anyway. Everything else seems okay, including the phone. Running on the internal version using SpazeDog's Mounts2SD (thanks, nitestalkr). I definitely like that more than Link2SD now. Seems reliable enough in the latest version. I'd highly appreciate it! If you're working on a new ROM update, I can wait a bit.

NEVERMIND... I just downloaded the r2.0 kernel. Will flash ASAP. :D

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Squid, any chance of you re-uploading the r2.0 kernel to your Google Drive? My accelerometer doesn't work anymore, not since a couple of days ago, anyway. Everything else seems okay, including the phone. Running on the internal version using SpazeDog's Mounts2SD (thanks, nitestalkr). I definitely like that more than Link2SD now. Seems reliable enough in the latest version. I'd highly appreciate it! If you're working on a new ROM update, I can wait a bit.
r2.1 uploaded
wireless.ko stripped, size and accelerometer should be fixed (less duh this time hopefully)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Just tried this. Didn't work for me as it made WiFi and 3G unusable on my V. Reverted back to r2.0 for now.

Interesting, it worked for me on os2sd... and 2.0 broke wifi on internal for some people. Funny how these things act different seemingly randomly.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Interesting, it worked for me on os2sd... and 2.0 broke wifi on internal for some people. Funny how these things act different seemingly randomly.

I haven't used any tweaks aside from Mounts2SD, and the egl fix, where the

#0 0 android

line is commented out to disable the software video drivers. I also tried Green Power for battery saving, and Greenify to activate hibernation. Neither app helped in saving battery juice, which is still a problem for a lot of us in KitKat world on the V. I can barely go past 6 hours before the phone needs charging, and I'm not a particularly aggressive phone user.

I am considering trying out the Fly-On-Mod tweaks that Andy, badblue, and a few others have been raving about... hmm. This promises to speed up the phone, and save battery. Time to nandroid!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

For better battery life try juice Defender with aggressive setting. Works good for Saving battery when your not using it. Won't save anything during use though

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The best way to save battery is to turn everything off (everything). Turn it on when needed, then turn back off when done.
Turn screen brightness down.
Install Periodic Auto Sync. Choose the every 4 hours and for 5 minute options.

Edit: Fly-On Mod works better than CrossBreeder with the OS2SD version of this ROM. CPU speed is set to 480MHz min and 768MHz max. No warnings, or reboots yet either.
I did have to manually copy/paste the sqlite3 file to the /system/xbin before it would work. I tried with Root Browser, failed to copy. Restored Root Explorer and copied sucessfully.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

here's your google+ glitch.
D/dalvikvm( 2862): Trying to load lib /data/app-lib/com.google.android.apps.plus-1/libnetjni.so 0x4198e930
F/libc ( 2862): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x5450a762 (code=1), thread 2878 (app_on_create)
looks like armv7 lib. won't run, like g-earth or other newer gapps.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I mean his os2sd google drive is empty.
not on my end... I've reduced the builds per folder to one, though.

possible updates (of sorts, mostly kernel and accel/gps, cause my vendor/cm is locked in time until I sort the broken mms settings out) later today.

SimplePurple

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Fly-on-mod works great, makes the phone a lot more snappier, a lot more. I think there was an increased battery drain when using it, but probably not. Make sure you shut off wifi when not using it, it doesn't allow deep sleep (you'll see big improvements in battery life if this was on), and adjust the brightness to the lowest comfortable setting.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

For what its worth here is the set up I have found that works best for me:
Removed gallery and installed Quickpic- gallery seemed to be tied to" android media stopped working" error msg.
Replaced hackers keyboard with kii
Installed lagfix(fstrim) premium kind of like a disk defragmenter.
Seeder-set to moderate
Sd speed increase by Diego Stamigni-read about it in xda forums. Using this write speed 11 and read 21.1
Cache cleaner NG
I removed crossbreeder and Adaway. I used adaway to update host files of crossbreeder but it only worked 50% of the time and kept getting the android media has stopped working. Ditto for fly on mod, so removed that also.
With that set up and a 8 gig class 4 sandisk this rom absolutely rocks. No lag whatsoever, no FC's or reboots.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty