How to wipe, and can I make this easier?

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a bit new to all of this. I think after much research, I'm planning to root using these directions, flash a custom recovery using these directions, make a Nandroid backup, and then install Harmonia.

However, the one thing I can't figure out (sorry, *super* noob) is what is meant by "wipe everything" or how (and when) to do that step. I also don't know how to "wipe dalvik," although I see that it's an option with ROMTools.

So after I've charted this all out across the posts, is there an easier way I could be doing this? I saw ROMTools, but I certainly don't mind copy/pasting syntax. Are there any steps I'm missing here?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You will find the wipe options in the custom recovery you install after rooting. The dalvik wipe can be found under the advanced tab in the custom recovery. You will need to do a wipe prior to installing a new rom, be sure to read the dev's instructions on what will ned to be wiped. Usually, you will need to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. To access the recovery, power off your phone, then press and hold the power, volume down, and home key. When the lg logo appears release all three and it boot into your recovery.

Reactions: olliedroid