Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1057
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #726  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Ok, I sent a pm.

    What do you use to find folders with large amounts of data? On the Sero, I have ES file explorer. On my other tab, I also have Ghost Commander, Storage Analyzer and own but haven't yet installed Clean Master. Haven't loaded a lot of apps yet. BTW, is there some way to restore settings-at least for Google purchases- to be what you have on other devices or is it all manual?
    I use Astro File Manager, you long press the folder and tap "Properties" in the pop-up box.

    I keep a lot of photos on my external card,
    but the thumbnails are on the internal storage.
    That was one of the first folders I used FolderMount for.
    Another was Downloads.

    Even though I have my browser set to use the external card, all other downloads use the internal storage.

    Google purchases should show automatically when you sign in to Google on a new device.
    The apps will show as purchased in Google Play.

    I've never used the Auto update to restore purchases to a new device, so can't comment.

    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #727  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-1375204046577.jpg

    The setup for folder mount is pretty simple.

    Name: anything you want

    Source : Tap this and choose the folder you want to move from the list.

    Destination: I use the default (you can choose any folder on the external card if you want)

    Tap the Check Mark at the top to save.

    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #728  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    I finally got the update last night. Slow roll out is putting it mildly!
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  4. #729  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    MV:

    I will check your approach.Still not rooted. Meanwhile, I copied from my computer some pictures, movies, video (clips) music to an 8 gb microsd card being used temporarily for testing the tab. These went to folders of the same name I created on the card while on the pc. When I put the card into the Sero 7 Pro and rebooted, card is mounted and after opening the different types of files with ES File Explorer, these were then afterwards automatically seen by Gallery for pixs, MX Player, Play Movies and Gallery for video clips and movies! My only issue now is there is no sound for the MOV vid clips and an MKV movie- can see and hear an AVI movie although they all were viewable on my Thrive AT100 and pc. Music plays fine via Google Play Music.
  5. #730  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    MV:

    I will check your approach.Still not rooted. Meanwhile, I copied from my computer some pictures, movies, video (clips) music to an 8 gb microsd card being used temporarily for testing the tab. These went to folders of the same name I created on the card while on the pc. When I put the card into the Sero 7 Pro and rebooted, card is mounted and after opening the different types of files with ES File Explorer, these were then afterwards automatically seen by Gallery for pixs, MX Player, Play Movies and Gallery for video clips and movies! My only issue now is there is no sound for the MOV vid clips and an MKV movie- can see and hear an AVI movie although they all were viewable on my Thrive AT100 and pc. Music plays fine via Google Play Music.
    I haven't had any sound issues when playing MOV video.
    Sure the sound is turned up
    I also use BS Player, free version for most of my video viewing.
    But MOV plays in the default player without any problems.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #731  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vieux View Post
    I haven't had any sound issues when playing MOV video.
    Sure the sound is turned up
    I also use BS Player, free version for most of my video viewing.
    But MOV plays in the default player without any problems.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    I finally got them to play in MX player which for me had been my 'go to' player. I had to tap the upper right corner to get options for hw or sw acceleration. Either worked. I still can't get Gallery or Snap Camera player to run these. Strange,
  7. #732  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Ok, I sent a pm.

    What do you use to find folders with large amounts of data? On the Sero, I have ES file explorer. On my other tab, I also have Ghost Commander, Storage Analyzer and own but haven't yet installed Clean Master. Haven't loaded a lot of apps yet. BTW, is there some way to restore settings-at least for Google purchases- to be what you have on other devices or is it all manual?
    Response sent.

    In short, 64GB microSD card works fine loaded with pictures, music, and movies/videos.

    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean doesn't allow apps to be moved to SD card unless rooted. I'm an Android neophyte, so I could be wrong.
  8. #733  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Completely off topic but I couldn't help but notice the complete oxymoron "kygator**" lol
  9. #734  
    kygator13's Avatar

    Posts
    592 Posts
    Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by stofox View Post
    Completely off topic but I couldn't help but notice the complete oxymoron "kygator**" lol
    Live in KY but huge Gator fan...most folks around here are ok with it as it's still an SEC school. And the day we lose to KY football will be a brutal day!

    Sent from there can only be HTC One
  10. #735  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    I know this is a little unrelated but I now have a second Android device (MK808B TV stick). I have DISH sat service and the app on the Hisense allows access to Blockbuster and other on demand content but I only get the guide and access to my DVR on the MK808. App versions are the same. OS versions are 4.2.1 (Hisense) vs. 4.2.2 on the MK808B. I also get access to the BB and on demand content on my laptop, Anyone have a guess why? Thanks.
  11. #736  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Has anyone noticed after the update that their notifications have stopped? Sync is on. Nothing coming through anymore. I'm rebooting and will delve further into things to see if something somewhere is unchecked but so far haven't found anything that explains this.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  12. #737  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Has anyone noticed after the update that their notifications have stopped? Sync is on. Nothing coming through anymore. I'm rebooting and will delve further into things to see if something somewhere is unchecked but so far haven't found anything that explains this.
    Check your 'account settings'. I've updated and get notifications.
  13. #738  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    i have the sero 7 pro unrooted. i also applied the update. (i am a tablet newbie)

    i purchased a microUSB host. i plug it into the tablet and then plug in a 4gb usb stick on the other end.

    the sero doesn't recognize anything. should it? and if so, what am i doing wrong?
  14. #739  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    i have the sero 7 pro unrooted. i also applied the update. (i am a tablet newbie)

    i purchased a microUSB host. i plug it into the tablet and then plug in a 4gb usb stick on the other end.

    the sero doesn't recognize anything. should it? and if so, what am i doing wrong?
    Try this and see if it can see photos on the USB stick.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...exususb.viewer

    If it can, you can use this.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer

    It will let you move files to/from a USB stick

    Read this thread;
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2876177
    Writing to memory stick from nexus 7

    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #740  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Check your 'account settings'. I've updated and get notifications.
    Settings all show 'sync' turned on for the accounts, and also general sync is on.

    Dang. Wonder what the deal is?
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  16. #741  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Has anyone noticed after the update that their notifications have stopped? Sync is on. Nothing coming through anymore. I'm rebooting and will delve further into things to see if something somewhere is unchecked but so far haven't found anything that explains this.
    What notifications are you referring to?
    Google Play updates
    Email
    Gmail
    SMS/Text
    ETC...
    Are you looking in the settings of the apps that are generating the notifications?

    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #742  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Gmail, FB, POF, Match, nothing that USED to notify me do anymore.

    I went into android settings, checked there first. Then I opened & explored in each app to see if there was any sync or notification settings and everything is "on."

    I got Gmail to sync after another reboot but the others are not. weird...

    I don't get texts on this tablet.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  18. #743  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Gmail, FB, POF, Match, nothing that USED to notify me do anymore.

    I went into android settings, checked there first. Then I opened & explored in each app to see if there was any sync or notification settings and everything is "on."

    I got Gmail to sync after another reboot but the others are not. weird...

    I don't get texts on this tablet.
    You're sure there is something new in those apps to generate a notification?

    Also try logging out of your Google account completely and logging back in.

    Also go to Apps in the tablet settings, then to each of those apps, and clear their caches.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #744  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    yes because I'm getting notifications on my Note 2. They used to be simultaneous but now, the Sero 7 is silent (except Gmail which is now pushing properly).

    I'll keep digging, and try what you suggest.

    Edited to add: Another reboot and now FB is updating (this is just weird)
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  20. #745  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Well, I bit the bullet and decided to keep the Sero. The final kicker was that my ~2 year old Smart TV won't handle the Miracast standard (no HDMI port) of the ASUS MeMopad 7 HD.

    I ordered a few accessories:
    Poetic Case (have one for my Thrive and it held up well) on sale for $9.95
    Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Case for Hisense Sero 7 Pro Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

    An HDMI adapter for the miniport for about $1 also at Amazon,
    Amazon.com: eForCity GOLD HDMI Type A to Type D F/ Adapter HD: Computers & Accessories

    A SANOXY USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter for about $1.50 (Amazon)
    Amazon.com: SANOXY USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

    2- 64 Gb class 10 Microsdxc cards with adapters to SD input on eBay-one I hope to use on my Thrive. . These were about $36.50 and I question if they are OK and not counterfeit.. it is a gamble but the seller has a high rating with many transactions and I'm supposed to be covered by eBay's buyer protection plan.. I'll let you know when they get here.
    New 64GB MicroSD Memory Card Adapter Class10 Galaxy S3S4SIII NOTE2 USA | eBay
  21. #746  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and decided to keep the Sero. The final kicker was that my ~2 year old Smart TV won't handle the Miracast standard (no HDMI port) of the ASUS MeMopad 7 HD.

    I ordered a few accessories:
    Poetic Case (have one for my Thrive and it held up well) on sale for $9.95
    Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Case for Hisense Sero 7 Pro Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

    An HDMI adapter for the miniport for about $1 also at Amazon,
    Amazon.com: eForCity GOLD HDMI Type A to Type D F/ Adapter HD: Computers & Accessories

    A SANOXY USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter for about $1.50 (Amazon)
    Amazon.com: SANOXY USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

    2- 64 Gb class 10 Microsdxc cards with adapters to SD input on eBay-one I hope to use on my Thrive. . These were about $36.50 and I question if they are OK and not counterfeit.. it is a gamble but the seller has a high rating with many transactions and I'm supposed to be covered by eBay's buyer protection plan.. I'll let you know when they get here.
    New 64GB MicroSD Memory Card Adapter Class10 Galaxy S3S4SIII NOTE2 USA | eBay
    I have a USB cable that looks (except no 90 degree) the OTG cable you posted. It came with my MK808B TV stick. That has a port labeled "OTG". I tried it on my Sero and nothing. I didn't try the apps listed by another poster but will. I've read there's nothing special about those cables and it's the OS that has to support OTG.
  22. #747  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    When I first tried the OTG cable adapter it did not work. I installed the Nexus Media Importer APK and it works fine now with my 1 terabyte portable WD hard drive.
    Thanked by:
    Joe Barry likes this.
  23. #748  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and decided to keep the Sero. The final kicker was that my ~2 year old Smart TV won't handle the Miracast standard (no HDMI port) of the ASUS MeMopad 7 HD.

    I ordered a few accessories:

    An HDMI adapter for the miniport for about $1 also at Amazon,
    Amazon.com: eForCity GOLD HDMI Type A to Type D F/ Adapter HD: Computers & Accessories
    You could've just gotten one of these from Monoprice.com:

    3ft 30AWG High Speed HDMI Cable - HDMI Connector to HDMI Mini Connector - Black
    For only $2.34 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 30AWG High Speed HDMI Cable - HDMI Connector to HDMI Mini Connector - Black
  24. #749  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    I'm adding apps to ~ match my 10" tab running HC 3.1, stock. That OS, even though I couodn't move apps to SD card, allowed storing all or most data to the card. Can this be done on 4.2.1 stock or do you have to be rooted? I have a couple of apps that are real data hogs, eg Next Issue and Press Reader and haven't installed them yet.
  25. #750  

    Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    I'm adding apps to ~ match my 10" tab running HC 3.1, stock. That OS, even though I couodn't move apps to SD card, allowed storing all or most data to the card. Can this be done on 4.2.1 stock or do you have to be rooted? I have a couple of apps that are real data hogs, eg Next Issue and Press Reader and haven't installed them yet.
    Root and install FolderMount.
    Swipe left to right on the main screen, choose App Analyzer.
    It will display your apps.
    They are sorted by size of data that can be moved.

    Tap the app and FolderMount will offer to create the necessary Pairs to swap the data to your external card.


    Only caveat is, when you first reboot.
    Make sure you wait until FolderMount completes it's swapping.
    There will be a pop up telling you its finished.
    Just turning off the screen doesn't require you to wait.
    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No video picture, only sound, help!
    By mmontel in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM
  2. Why no video editing?
    By aokusman1 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 10:06 PM
  3. syncing media (pictures, music, videos) with macbook pro
    By thechidz in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
  4. no music and no video after update, HELP!
    By lgr2020 in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 12:38 PM
  5. No video playback
    By cianpop in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions