Page 1 of 42 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Just stopped by my local Walmart (small town, they had 5 Pro's and at least 1 Lite which was in the back) and picked this up. First impressions out of the box is this is a rather nice unit for a great price. Seems like a close to stock JB implementation with the addition of a fourth software button (screen capture - [+]). I haven't played with tablets much, but I don't recall seeing this before.

Not sure how to order pictures the way I want with this upload function here... but you get the basic idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233410.jpg   Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233240.jpg   Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233147.jpg   Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233123.jpg   Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233000.jpg  

Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_232952.jpg   Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-img_20130523_233342.jpg  
    tayswg20 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

I actually read about this in a review on this site. It seems like a good tablet for the money. Time will tell if it will take off or not.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I picked one up over an hour ago, this is amazing for the price, speakers are great, gps works!, sd storage up to 32gb, IPS display, what more can you ask for, oh year rear camera for posting on craigslist and or ebay
    Thanked by:
    jlampc 

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

This looks like a great tablet, hopefully it is. I may have to pick one up.
    I'm guessing at this price point, the glass isn't gorilla glass, but can anyone confirm that?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Is there an app for free so I can hot spot my gn2 to it and not get charged for it with out root!

I got one last night as well. However, I may have to bring it back for an exchange, after leaving it on the charger over night, the battery went from 51% to 52%... Me thinks something may be off. I'm going to let it drain a bit, then try charging again to see if it increases at all. Will also try letting it sip from my S3's cable to see if it's the cable or the tablet at fault. Other than that, seems pretty sharp so far!

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Hope its ok night hawk let us know!

It's charging up better now on my S3's cable. Worse comes to worse, I'll ask Walmart if they can slip me another cable. Kids are already asking when they can play games on it. :-) (already put on "Kids Place parental controls)
    Thanked by 2:

If you are able to - I'd like to know how the hdmi works for you. Does it mirror the tablet screen well? Any problem with apps displaying over the hdmi line?

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Thats why u go buy the kids the $99 one so they leave yours alone LOL! Glad its working for u now.
    Thanked by:

Picked up the Pro a couple of hours ago. My Walmart had about 10 in stock. Not a bad little tablet. I've been using an iPad 2 64Gb for a while now. Prior to that, an original Nook Color which was eventually rooted. The Nook was always slow as molasses. But this Sero 7 Pro is quite spiffy. I'll keep playing with it for a few days and then make my decision whether to keep it or not.
    Thanked by:
    jlampc 

Can someone tell me if it has a microphone

First impressions, it is an okay tablet.
    A few minor quality issues. The door on the microSD slot keeps popping open. And the display on mine seems to be a little offset in relation to the bezel.

Colors are better than on my N7.

It does have a microphone. Located next to the headphone jack.

The 99 dollar tablet sounds like a great item to hang over the back my driver seat so my 8 month old son can watch movies with.
    Thanked by:
    Notsosure likes this.

This has rendered the Nexus 7 obsolete.

The only problem I have with it is the screen seems to be a fingerprint magnet.
    larry313 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kernmal View Post
    A few minor quality issues. The door on the microSD slot keeps popping open. And the display on mine seems to be a little offset in relation to the bezel.

I'd consider exchanging it.
    larry313 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Picked one up last night.. So far so good but only time will tell how good it really is. It should definitely hold me over until something better comes along.. U can't beat the price.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I posted an unboxing and first look of the Pro on my you tube channel

I will have a full review later this week, I've been using it all day and the screen is great and the battery is really good so far. Stay tuned

Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kernmal View Post

Pro or LT? I have the Pro and the screen is a pleasant surprise also no issue with SD door

Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    Pro or LT? I have the Pro and the screen is a pleasant surprise also no issue with SD door

The Pro.
    The screen is great. But the display is not evenly framed by the Bezel.
    And the issue with the microSD slot door was only apparent after I put in a card.

Neither issue is a big enough deal for me to return it. Everything else works great. Best surprise was how fast the GPS got initial lock.
    Thanked by 2:

I picked one of these up last week and finally unboxed it today. Walmart had about 50 of each a few days before the launch. Like Nighthawk, my charging stalled, the power supply was cool to the touch and unit was stuck at 65%. After an hour of no progress, I held the power button down and powered the unit off. The transformer got hot and when I checked an hour later I was at 82%,

My problem is that I can't find the manual. In fact before I saw these unboxing pictures, I missed the little pamphlet as well I. Thanks to the OP I dug through my garbage and found the pamphletto and entered the model number from the back M470BSA and didn't turn any thing up. I am an Android newbie. If anybody could recoommend some reading material to get me up and running, I'd be greatful.

How long can you try it out before having to return it? I cracked my nexus 7 and I want to hold out on buying another till the new one comes out. I might pick up a Sero 7 pro tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoulmama View Post
    How long can you try it out before having to return it?
    Walmart has a 15 day return policy. No restocking fees.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vickyg2003 View Post
    I picked one of these up last week and finally unboxed it today. Walmart had about 50 of each a few days before the launch. Like Nighthawk, my charging stalled, the power supply was cool to the touch and unit was stuck at 65%. After an hour of no progress, I held the power button down and powered the unit off. The transformer got hot and when I checked an hour later I was at 82%,

My problem is that I can't find the manual. In fact before I saw these unboxing pictures, I missed the little pamphlet as well I. Thanks to the OP I dug through my garbage and found the pamphletto and entered the model number from the back M470BSA and didn't turn any thing up. I am an Android newbie. If anybody could recoommend some reading material to get me up and running, I'd be greatful.
    I would suggest you tube, look for android walk throughs and you will learn more than any manual

Page 1 of 42 1234 ... LastLast