Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Very little skin, pretty much pure Android 4.2.1. It has a Walmart.com app that you can uninstall, a VUDU app that you can't, but if you like movies it's a good site. I like this tablet as much as my Nexus 7. I like the 5mp back camera, the SD slot, and mini hdmi .

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

dutchman71

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Bought two of these on Saturday, my kids love them. My daughter managed to break the screen of her Nexus 7 in 2 months. I never buy warranties but for $15 you get a 2 year warranty which cover all kinds of damage including broken screens. Couldn't pass that one up...

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to the Hisense Sero 7 Pro? I looked at it on walmart.com on Sunday 5/26 and was disappointed to see that it was not yet in stock in any of my local stores (Seattle, WA) and on Monday 5/27 it had been removed completely from the site. I visited 3 local stores and 2 of the 3 had the Lite (LT) version in stock, but none knew anything about the Pro model. It seems weird that the Pro would be removed after only being listed for 3 days. I'd really like to purchase one of these if I could just find it.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to run Skype on this? I can see the other person's vid, but they can't see me.

I picked one up on the 25th (pro Tegra 3 version) and like all my devices that I buy, I gave it the " full rundown" of all the features I use the most. Skype and video chat are definitely on my list. Everything seems to work great. And that was with a different people on a few different occasions. It was also lot better quality than my touchpad. Have you double checked all your settings?everytime I've had an issue with my other devices, its always been my settings being wrong.

As far as my opinion on this device. For the price, you'd be hard pressed to find a better device. I don't own a N7, but I've played with them enough to know that this tablet performs just as well. AND its got an auto focus camera as well as a micro SD slot. I almost boughta refurbished 8gb N7 for $150 when it was on 1saleday, but now I'm glad I waited and bought this. A lot of times when I buy a new gadget, I second guess my decision. This has definitely not been the case with this tablet.

I'm hoping it'll catch the attention of some devs so we can start flashing away :) . Since there's a one click root package available now on XDA, I'll be doing that tonight.

If anyone's on the fence about buying this. DO IT! You won't regret it! I am off course, speaking only about the pro version. I can't comment on the other one.

skyhawk21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have searched over 7 walmart stores in Washington from Port Angeles, WA up the HWY to Olympia Wa and none of them could find this tablet. Lo and Behold using the walmart website which took the listing down for the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, I found out that they have alot in stock down in California where my dad lives! So I had him purchase two of them and hes mailing them out tommorow up here to Clallam county WA.. I only need one, got the second one just in case!

[post edited by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in North Idaho near Spokane, WA. I called all nine stores in the region. None to be found and no idea when to expect them.

I really want to try the Pro out for at least a few days and see if it will be a keeper for me. Already have a Nexus 7, but this might just become my prime unit.

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in North Idaho near Spokane, WA. I called all nine stores in the region. None to be found and no idea when to expect them.

I really want to try the Pro out for at least a few days and see if it will be a keeper for me. Already have a Nexus 7, but this might just become my prime unit.

I have searched over 7 walmart stores in Washington from Port Angeles, WA up the HWY to Olympia Wa and none of them could find this tablet. Lo and Behold using the walmart website which took the listing down for the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, I found out that they have alot in stock down in California where my dad lives! So I had him purchase two of them and hes mailing them out tommorow up here to Clallam county WA.. I only need one, got the second one just in case! If anyone would like to purchase the other from me in WA let me know and ill gladly test it, make sure it works and sell it for a price!!!! Let me know if anyone is interested, PM me on here! it will also have the walmart warranty included which i didnt buy but my dad got talked into it!

Jeff Stroup

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't buy one for myself, but I'm a power user and I can afford something nice. However, if you are on a budget or want to get a tablet for the kids (without worrying that they'll break it), what a bargain. This is a good tablet on its own and a great tablet for the price.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy one for myself, but I'm a power user and I can afford something nice. However, if you are on a budget or want to get a tablet for the kids (without worrying that they'll break it), what a bargain. This is a good tablet on its own and a great tablet for the price.

I'm not quite sure how you meant that to come across but I'm a power user as well and can also afford something " nice". It doesn't negate the fact that it's a kick @ss little tablet. It just happens to be less expensive. I'd much rather have my Sero pro than my more expensive, under powered, lower res screen, Galaxy Tab 2. I also have an IPad 3 that I hardly ever use. Just because something is more expensive doesn't make it a better product.

Typing this on my Sero pro btw :)

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

This actually works pretty good for power user. Actually this is great for a power user and developers. You can buy more than one and do tests,mods and other stuff and not have to worry that you spent over $450 on a single tablet.
I can see why pc's are in the demise. Only laptops will be around soon.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com

Spend much time condescending? I'm a power user as well and have two other tablets; a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Note 8. I bought this tablet the day it came out and Rooted it the day after and this thing is a great buy. It runs as good if not better than my N7.

For anyone looking for a good 7" tablet this is the way to go. Pay no attention to other so-called power users who talk down from above and act like this is good enough to 'get by' for people on a budget. This is a great buy even for us power users who have plenty of money to burn.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, it seems to have sold out all over Baltimore as this morning it's available nowhere in my area. I had just about decided to get one! We'll have to wait for the second wave.

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
what I really want to know is if it has vibration for haptic feedback. That is one of my biggest complaints with the Nexus 7.