I keep running out of memory on my Nextbook 8

JT Peters

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nextbook 8 (4.1.1) and a Galaxy S4 (4.4.2) Both have 8 GB internal memory and a 32 GB SD card. On the Nextbook I keep having to clear the cache and when updating Apps I have to uninstall a few so I have enough memory to work with. I've moved all the apps I can to the internal SD card (I understand that is about 7GB of the 8 GB and the other GB is for the system.) Looking at the system I see the 1GB is nearly full but don't see how to see what is on it that I might be able to remove. I don't have any problem with the S4. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let's make sure we're on the same page. The regular S4 (not the Mini) should have 16 GB of internal storage, of which around 7 GB are taken up by the OS, TouchWiz, and other bloatware, leaving a little over 8 GB available to the user. As far as I know, the regular S4 doesn't come in an 8 GB version.

The Nextbook 8 has 8 GB of internal storage, of which probably around 3-4 GB are taken up by the OS and bloatware. So the available internal storage to the user is probably around 4 GB. So it shouldn't be too surprising that the Nextbook runs out of storage sooner than the S4. Let me know if I'm getting this wrong.

JT Peters

May 16, 2012
Visit site
You are mostly correct - I erred with the S4 memory. The Nextbook divides the 8GB into 1 and 7 GB partitions. I believe the 7GB is what is used when I move an app to the SD card. I have plenty of room on the 7 GB part. Just can't seem to empty anything else out of the 1 GB partition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Nextbook's storage partitioning is what's getting you. The 1 GB partition is likely the app storage, while the 7 GB partition acts as an "Internal SD." App installation is primarily to the 1 GB partition, although portions of the app can be moved to the Internal SD. The problem is that the app has to be able to install first to the 1 GB partition, and if there isn't enough room for that initial install, you'll get a low memory warning.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Faith Beck

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
RE: I keep running out of space on my Next book 8

I just bought this next book 8 and I have a memory card in it I have only downloaded two games and I have moved everything I can to the SD card but I'm still out of space. It came with certain apps that I can not delete or it says that it won't run right. Is there anyone that can help me please?. And Thank You I would really appreciate it.

davndian

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
i am having similar problems, i just got this tablet a few days ago and only downloaded severl apps and i am already getting that box that i have low memory and to delete some apps. this is crazy and another thing i put a 16 gb sd card in and i have gone all thru my settings and apps and i cannot find the way to move my apps from device to sd card so please tell me how you did that. your problem and mine also i think is that they the co. just puts too much extra junk on internal mem that is not sufficient enough for the tablet. i am thinking of taking mine back, i only got it for the quad core processor. get back too me. thanks david

davndian

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: I keep running out of space on my Next book 8

i don't know if i can help you or not, i am having the same problems, but i can't find the way to move apps from the device to the sd card, its not like my samsung tablet where i just clic on the app out of settings and then app manager. i had the option of moving the app to sd or to the device and i can't do that with this tablet. whats the way. thanks for any help you can give me or may just take the thing back.

robert tolen

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
Re: I keep running out of space on my Next book 8

i don't know if i can help you or not, i am having the same problems, but i can't find the way to move apps from the device to the sd card, its not like my samsung tablet where i just clic on the app out of settings and then app manager. i had the option of moving the app to sd or to the device and i can't do that with this tablet. whats the way. thanks for any help you can give me or may just take the thing back.

Ok so ive noticed that the tablet itself and the OS is faulty because there is not enough internal system memory to support all the updates that it does automaticly… it is a 16gb tablet and windows 8.1 is about 8gigs, and the updates are well over 8gigs too... which is stupid... Need to just figure out how to remove windows and put android on this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo