xiaomi redmi note 8 using wifi issue

Hamed

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
my redmi note 8 use internet wifi so much , i disabled auto update a long time ago but. it use my wifi yet . i dont know how to can solve this problem . please help me . as you can see ,"system apps" used more than 9 gb of my internet this month . Recently, it was consuming more than one gigabyte of internet per day, so I had to turn off the Wi-Fi of the cellphone.
Screenshot_2023-11-07-21-31-58-650_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-07-21-31-58-650_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-07-21-31-58-650_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 8

Hamed

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, I understand what you are saying, but immediately after I turn on the Wi-Fi, this program starts consuming my Wi-Fi internet . Now in the ten minutes that I turned on the Wi-Fi . system apps / meta app manager used 69mb background data ! what is that app ?!

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I understand what you are saying, but immediately after I turn on the Wi-Fi, this program starts consuming my Wi-Fi internet . Now in the ten minutes that I turned on the Wi-Fi . system apps / meta app manager used 69mb background data ! what is that app ?!
System apps is the phones own apps for operating the meta is I believe related to Facebook

Reactions: Hamed

Hamed

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Is the internet that is use by system apps / android system, for the cellphone system? Can this internet be use by a malware or virus?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is the internet that is use by system apps / android system, for the cellphone system? Can this internet be use by a malware or virus?
Safe Mode would test that. It may be that some third-party app is requesting Android System to do things - syncing or uploading data - and Safe Mode would disable third-party apps diagnostically. It will not disable system apps, but they are not necessarily the direct cause of the trouble. Therefore, in Safe Mode, you can see what Android System does with the third-party apps disabled. It may then behave normally, without high wifi data usage.

Using Safe Mode temporarily is a harmless procedure, so it may be worth trying.

Reactions: Hamed

Hamed

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Safe Mode would test that. It may be that some third-party app is requesting Android System to do things - syncing or uploading data - and Safe Mode would disable third-party apps diagnostically. It will not disable system apps, but they are not necessarily the direct cause of the trouble. Therefore, in Safe Mode, you can see what Android System does with the third-party apps disabled. It may then behave normally, without high wifi data usage.

Using Safe Mode temporarily is a harmless procedure, so it may be worth trying.
Safe mode doesn't delete photos and videos, etc.? And according to what you said, if the internet usage was high after putting the system in safe mode, does it mean that this internet will be used by the mobile system itself and is it completely safe?