Simple Mobile - Whats the catch??

android_rory

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello, this is my first thread here. I've been a long time Nexus user on Tmobile with a no contract plan and Simple Mobile seems to good to be true.

Has anyone switched from Tmobile to Simple with success? What (if any) downfalls are there to switching?

Thanks in advance.

Nolster

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from sprint to T-Mobile in order to switch to a GN. I looked at Simple Mobile before changing. SM is basically using the T-Mobile network, without the roaming agreements in the non metro areas.

If you live in a place like Atlanta, Chicago, etc. It appears SM is a better deal. I travel a lot to some out of the way places, so choose T-Mobile instead.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
No downfalls unless you don't live in an area where coverage is great. They have a good map on their site. One of the good perks is you can use any T-Mobile device without unlocking it. I'm currently with SM

Onimenogarou

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had Simple Mobile for around a year and there has been no catch so far. I have good signal and fast speeds. I was using a Nexus One so I was hitting just over 3Mbps downloads. Now that I upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus, I get a little over 8Mbps download speeds. I am trying to get them to allow Google Wallet, though.

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
No "catch", no problems.

My SimpleMobile account (Unlimited Talk/Text/Data for $60 + tax each month) has worked flawlessly for my GSM cellphones (HTC Sensation 4G and Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime) here in the greater Chicagoland area.

[NOTE: Many more GSM phones are capable of properly functioning with a SimpleMobile SIM card than only those currently listed on their homepage (www.mysimplemobile.com), including the GSM versions of Apple's iPhone!]

In terms of SimpleMobile as a month-to-month no-contract 3G/4G carrier, I honestly have NO complaints!

Brandon168

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Old thread but I hope I can help. I've used tmobile, simple mobile, and now net10.

Lowest tier simple mobile plan is capped at 144 Kbps, so it's not quiet enough to sustain high quality music streaming. You can go to the higher tier to uncap this but may be shut down north of 2 GB in a month.
Net10/Straight Talk will give you uncapped and "unlimited" for $45 per month. Pro-tip: when setting up the APN leave the proxy settings blank. General consensus is that you can push 5 GB per month before seeing usage blocks, but even then a few well placed calls to support will open you back up.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: igeekman

abnormalreply

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
"Old thread but I hope I can help. I've used tmobile, simple mobile, and now net10.

Lowest tier simple mobile plan is capped at 144 Kbps, so it's not quiet enough to sustain high quality music streaming. You can go to the higher tier to uncap this but may be shut down north of 2 GB in a month.
Net10/Straight Talk will give you uncapped and "unlimited" for $45 per month. Pro-tip: when setting up the APN leave the proxy settings blank. General consensus is that you can push 5 GB per month before seeing usage blocks, but even then a few well placed calls to support will open you back up.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2"

Would I still be able to receive MMS if I don't set up the proxy?