USC SCH-R760 Does not see USB OTG HELP :)

Aaron1100us

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a used USC SCH-R760.

I just bought one of those usb dongle things to connect a ps3 controller up to it. When I plug the dongle in, the phone does not know its plugged in. I tried to find a USB driver for this phone but nothing works.

I have a friend who has a galaxy S2 and my cable works just fine on his phone. And another friend has an S3 and my cable works on his phone as well.

What is going on? This is driving me nuts. The phone chargs just fine off the usb buts thats all it does. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You are asking these tech questions in a forum about carriers...

Your problem is hardware/software related and has nothing to do with what carrier it is on, so it may have prevented you from getting answers quickly as this is not really the forum for the discussion you are opening up...

OK. That's a lot of alphabet soup you are throwing around:

USC = US Cellular, yes?
R760 = a US Cellular branded S II, correct?

I had to run around the Googleshpere to even see what you are asking about. Now that that is out of the way...

Is the phone rooted? Apparently that is required... And a paid App, according to the how-to I found: AndroidNZ: [At Your Own Risk] How to use a PS3 controller with your Rooted Galaxy S II

As for a USB driver... That was on the samsung website Support - US Cellular SCH-R760 | Samsung Cell Phones under the downloads tab.

Good luck. :)

Aaron1100us

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I only posted it on here because it seemed to be an issue with this us cellular phone. I thought all galaxy s2 phones were the same? Why would one galaxy s2 be different than another? Anyways, I think I'm going to have a friend root it for me.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at this page: Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

It shows there are at lease 14 variations on the S II. :eek: Some of the reasons for the variation are CDMA vs GSM, frequencies needed on the radio(s), custom carrier requests on hardware, there is the S II and now there are scaled back versions for different pre-paid carriers to use. They slimmed down the spec on the S II for the mvnos so they would be more affordable for their off contract customers to buy out of pocket...

Follow the how-to I linked earlier, or have your friend do so. Hopefully it gets you up and gaming soon. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38