My AIO wireless review.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
One thing I noticed is in places where I used to get edge with my att sim, I'm getting 4g with the aio SIM. Same phone.

Interesting. Kind odd that the MVNO would outperform the parent. Do you think there is any chance that its not the sim but the towers were just recently upgraded to 4G?

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Kind odd that the MVNO would outperform the parent. Do you think there is any chance that its not the sim but the towers were just recently upgraded to 4G?

Only if the upgrades were done overnight

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of switching to AIO and getting a unlocked Nexus 4 Good to know that the service is good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Porting?

The web and their rep said the only way to port a number is to go to a store, this seems dumb. Anyone know a way around this restriction?

Thx..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Porting?

The web and their rep said the only way to port a number is to go to a store, this seems dumb. Anyone know a way around this restriction?

Thx..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'm sure when they launch nationwide you will be able to port online.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The 3mbs he's averaging is high speed. They limit their network to 4mbs max. After that u would fall back to EDGE speeds, basically unusable.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The 3mbs he's averaging is high speed. They limit their network to 4mbs max. After that u would fall back to EDGE speeds, basically unusable.

Not unusable at all. You can stream non hd youtube, download podcast, stream live radio, FB, Twitter, emails. Etc. I dont mind waiting the extra 10 seconds for a stream to start. My goal was to reduce my bill, which I did. The rest is extra.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not unusable at all. You can stream non hd youtube, download podcast, stream live radio, FB, Twitter, emails. Etc. I dont mind waiting the extra 10 seconds for a stream to start. My goal was to reduce my bill, which I did. The rest is extra.

I stand corrected. Good to know.

GT500_Grad2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff. I was curious if it was worth the $15 for the 2 GBs. If I can at least get emails and send/receive gVoice messages after they throttle me, I'll be fine.

So what's the difference between GoPhone and AIO with GoPhones new prices? Seems to be very similar products for a few bucks different. I'm planning on getting GoPhone until AIO goes national.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Actually it's been confirmed that AIO will throttle down to 256kbps after you use your highspeed allotment. That is faster than typical EDGE speeds and is more than enough for web, maps, basic streaming.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Would I Heart Radio be basic streaming?

I would say radio is basic streaming. People even stream standard def YouTube videos on EDGE so even that shouldn't be a problem with 256k speeds. I myself am debating between AIO and the new GoPhone $60 plans. I think I may give the GoPhone plans a try until I get more feedback from users on AIO.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
They will only ship to states where they have currently launched only. I had to order my SIM to my buddy in Texas who forwarded to me here in Alaska. I then called aio to have it activated. You can buy additional data for $10 per gb, if you run out of high speed data and don't want edge. So far in my first month I've used 2gb.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say radio is basic streaming. People even stream standard def YouTube videos on EDGE so even that shouldn't be a problem with 256k speeds. I myself am debating between AIO and the new GoPhone $60 plans. I think I may give the GoPhone plans a try until I get more feedback from users on AIO.

With Go phone you also get access to LTE as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
AIO speed test on Verizon Note 2:

AIO Wireless Speed Test with Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (HSPA+) - YouTube

AIO speed test on Samsung Galaxy S4:

AIO Wireless Speed Test with AT&T Galaxy S4 on LTE - YouTube

At the end of the GS4 video I put some speed tests from outside which yielded better speeds.

I have had people ask me about acquiring SIM cards for them. To OP... Will you be able to change your billing information to pay from a card registered to an Alaska address or do you think this will be an issue?

GT500_Grad2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch to go phone on Wed on my Nex4. So far its been good. I asked the guy at the AT&T store what happens when you hit your 2Gb limit. Do you get throttled or shut off. He said shut off. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, other than price, it would be the biggest difference between Aio and go phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
AIO speed test on Verizon Note 2:

AIO Wireless Speed Test with Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (HSPA+) - YouTube

AIO speed test on Samsung Galaxy S4:

AIO Wireless Speed Test with AT&T Galaxy S4 on LTE - YouTube

At the end of the GS4 video I put some speed tests from outside which yielded better speeds.

I have had people ask me about acquiring SIM cards for them. To OP... Will you be able to change your billing information to pay from a card registered to an Alaska address or do you think this will be an issue?

Its not an issue at all.

Last edited: