Target's Brightspot phones unlocked? will they work with other T-Mobile MVNOs?

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking up a Brightspot phone or two for a family members for Christmas. Does anyone know if they will work with other T-Mobile MVNOs? I'd like them to have the option to switch to Solavei, Straighttalk, or even T-Mobile's prepaid. I know any T-Mobile handset could do this, but I'd rather be able to give a nicely boxed Brightspot phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking up a Brightspot phone or two for a family members for Christmas. Does anyone know if they will work with other T-Mobile MVNOs? I'd like them to have the option to switch to Solavei, Straighttalk, or even T-Mobile's prepaid. I know any T-Mobile handset could do this, but I'd rather be able to give a nicely boxed Brightspot phone.

I just peek at the site. I would guess TMo's prepaid should be no problem. the others is questionable. Which device do you think you would get?

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The Optimus F3 seems like a good value. If I had thought of it sooner, I'd just have gotten some Nexus 4s when they were $200 :-\

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The Optimus F3 seems like a good value. If I had thought of it sooner, I'd just have gotten some Nexus 4s when they were $200 :-\

You could always get one off of craigslist. People are selling their nexus 4s pretty cheap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to get something sealed in a retail package (with gift receipt). My non techie family members are very leery of cell phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty