Upgrade to M8 or s5

larryandelle

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have an M7 and love it. But I want to upgrade. Having a tough time deciding on the gorgeous M8 or jumping ship to Samsung. Anyone else go thru this tough decision

Posted via Android Central App

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
No offense but this question has been presented & discussed numerous times. Search this thread.

Sent from my HTC One M8

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an M7 and love it. But I want to upgrade. Having a tough time deciding on the gorgeous M8 or jumping ship to Samsung. Anyone else go thru this tough decision

I didn't have a M7, but I did have a choice between the S5 and the M8. I chose the M8, and it really wasn't even a close call for me. Aside from the camera (which I think is being unfairly rated based solely on its 4MP and not image quality, which is actually much better than my old phone, which had a 5MP camera, and is better than most other phone cameras I've seen), it's better in just about every way. The S5 feels cheap, which is one thing everyone can agree is not the case for the M8, which is very solid and really feels like it's worth the money you put out for it. The S5 has some nice-sounding features (fingerprint reader, heart monitor etc) but these not only do not work as they should but are also not likely to be used much by most people and serve only to grow the list of features on the phone. The M8 has never lagged for me and it has never given me any kind of issues. The battery life is great. I can't even describe how much I love this device.

I was originally going for the S5, but after reading the reviews and the forums here I decided that the M8 was a much better choice, and I have no regrets at all.

larryandelle

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Appreciate the thoughts. The HTC seems like the best choice for me. All the hype around the s5 had me second guessing my decision. I'm looking forward to check out the red color M8.

Lizzi1017

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I just went through the exact situation. I could not decide if I wanted the M8 or the S5 so I got them both. I like the S5 but I love the M8. Feels perfect in the hand and love the premium build quality . Speakers are awesome. Really liking the new Blink feed. I wasn't sure if the M8 was that much of an upgrade from the M7, but I can tell you without a doubt that it is. My M7 is now resting in a drawer.

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I agree with you. First week of having the GS5 and the small plastic wire for the flap cover of the charger broke. The location of the speakers is just crap, I mean, c'mon! Your hands will block those speakers 99% of the time!

Never again will I buy ANY Samsung phones... They are just as bad as Apple, possibly even worse.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you value in a device. M8 is good but quality of photos can be lower because of the lower resolution camera. The S5 is a good all rounder but there have been complaints on their hardware.

Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App

larryandelle

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've decided to go with the M8 (Red). I have read so many reviews about both. The S5 reviews are filled with complaints and issues of the software goof'n up. The M8 reviews are filled with praise, joy and overall satisfaction. I'm not a kiddie Kodak so the camera is not that big of a deal. Thanks all for your comments ... Very helpful.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had this delimma and decided to go with the S5 for the better camera, replaceable/expandable battery, compatibility with the Gear watches, SD card, slightly more usable screen area....

Hi5 to the sV

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Go with the M8. You're already used to this Premium design! You now have SD card storage. If you don't use smart watches, that should not have anything to do with your decision. The speakers are even better than the M7, and you have some nice color options too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel