Why did you choose to own a Android device?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The way you carrying on... I have owned and use apple products I had and still own iphones iPod ipad MacBook.... But nothing compares to Android... The iPhone ease of use is one reason you most people stuck with Tht device... In the beginning android had to many features an I was afraid to mess with the software... Once I changed I would never go back... Both platforms have their good and bad points... But I would not go on forums an bash people for their choices... To each his own... This site is definitely for Android lovers not people who r on the fence...

WTF?? Who am I bashing? I am just correcting some people that seem to spread misinformation about iPhones.

No. this website isn't for rabbit, crazy and blind Android Users only. It's also for people that OWN Android devices and enjoy them.

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry... You're insulting the intelligence of the majority of BMW owners and that is flat out wrong. There may be some who don't have a clue just like many brain dead people who don't have a clue what is inside their iPhone but the vast majority of Beemer owners are car enthusiasts and know more about their vehicles than most typical drivers.

As to your other things about Samsungs software, millions of people love it and in regards to HTC people either hate the camera or except it's limitations. Believe it or not most didn't buy it because of the camera but for the other great features it has. Myself included in the latter group. Not all demand the best camera phone available. Those who do, search out which one gives the best performance. Which brings us back to what I said earlier, people are becoming more knowledgeable about these phones.

People are using Google search more and more every day. They are wanting the best bang for their hard-earned cash and choosing the best phone for their needs.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
As an ex BMW owner, its my experience that the vast majority of us (that I talk too) haven't a clue what's under the hood. And like Apple devices, I've found it to be an over designed and under engineered piece of expensive fluff. A ford would be much better for far less.

Regarding your second point, what does a phone actually do?

*Ring
*Text
*Display
*Computer
*Audio Output (Speaker and HP)
*Data storage and transfer

Now, the reviews of the iPhone and androids really only focus on the middle two. This is especially so for IPhone reviews. I think it was the Engadget review which basically didn't mention anything at all to do with the latter two, which is ironic because those latter two are the sole reason I bought the M7.

But, that's all that people mostly want

"Does it look nice?"
"Does it play apps?"

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
As an ex BMW owner, its my experience that the vast majority of us (that I talk too) haven't a clue what's under the hood. And like Apple devices, I've found it to be an over designed and under engineered piece of expensive fluff. A ford would be much better for far less.

Regarding your second point, what does a phone actually do?

*Ring
*Text
*Display
*Computer
*Audio Output (Speaker and HP)
*Data storage and transfer

Now, the reviews of the iPhone and androids really only focus on the middle two. This is especially so for IPhone reviews. I think it was the Engadget review which basically didn't mention anything at all to do with the latter two, which is ironic because those latter two are the sole reason I bought the M7.

But, that's all that people mostly want

"Does it look nice?"
"Does it play apps?"

I know 15 BMW owners and every one can tell you what is under the hood. Like I said I am sure some can't, but the owners past and present take great pride in their vehicles.

There was a time when the iPhone had a status symbol of sorts, but that is certainly not the case these days with how much more for your money can be found on Android phones.

Everything about the mobile market is changing, and what is accepted as the norm is changing as well. We do so much more today than what was possible 5 years ago. Sure some people have limited needs but many utilize their phones for everything from being their access point at home as a hub and sole means of communication by cutting the cord with all land lines .

Phones are not just phones to many . From streaming audio and video and miricasting to their tvs.. not to mention controlling house hold items.

The capabilities are endless and the technology is driving it into new areas everyday.

Most review sites now rank the boom sound speakers as the best available and even the Sense skin as the least intrusive of all skins.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The fact that I can hide apps and lock my phone to an extent where my parents can't get into it.

SMH. If you were my son and I even suspected you were the type to do that the only way you'd have a phone would be for you to pay for it and it's service. That is all.

Just be smart and careful.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Bought an Android phone to use in addition to another platform that I like.
Between the two my mobile experience is even better now.

Where one falls down the other platform picks up.

cherrybean

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
For Android devices, there are multiple choices. And the price range is also wide. So it is very possible to find an excellent device at the vey low cost :D

Commodus

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Folks, let's stop with the blanket assumptions (especially since I haven't seen someone provide hard evidence to support them yet).

I know plenty of iPhone users who are genuine techies and who can get a lot done with their device. I also know many Android users whose knowledge of the platform amounts to "that's what my Samsung uses, right?" In short: your choice of platform doesn't reflect your abilities and intelligence nearly as much as some people think. Android is more flexible, there's no question about it, but not everyone needs or wants that.

For me, Android is appealing just for the diversity of hardware you can get at the high end, ranging from something "small" like the Z3 Compact to a behemoth like the Nexus 6. You can get depth-aware cameras, always-available voice commands and water resistance if you prefer.

BlackDragon22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
When I got my s3, at&t was running a sale that if you bought 1 Samsung device, you'd receive $100 off the other one. I was heavily considering the 5, as I own a MBP and everyone I know owns an iPhone; I didn't want to be the odd one out. But as I started walking around, the s3 caught my eye. It had a much bigger screen, easier to hold, camera was amazing, and the buttons at the bottom were perfect. So my father got the note 2 and I got the s3 (not going to lie here - the $100 off the 2nd device definitely influenced my decision). I loved my s3. Sure it was difficult to sync my music up with my phone, but android was amazing. I could change my keyboard, layouts of everything, fonts, etc. It was everything I wanted on iOS but never got.

In June of this year, my s3's battery wouldn't last 2hrs, the phone lagged, and whenever I connected to wifi, my phone would stop. I blamed it on Android and purchased a 5 from amazon. When I activated the phone, I started looking for the features that I had on Android that weren't already (and still arent) on iOS. I hated it. I wanted my terrible and laggy s3 back. Luckily, my contract end date was approaching quickly and I was able to get rid of my 5.

Long story short, I learned touchwiz was bogging my phone down and I probably shouldn't get another galaxy unless I planned on rooting. We switched to Verizon and I picked up a turbo, mostly because it was running near-stock android. This phone is amazing and I regret nothing!

Posted via the Android Central App

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I like Android because I can do what ever I wish. I just don't see me liking an OS that never changes from year to year. People need to understand phones are changing our way of living in so many ways. Its starting to take the place of wallets, remotes,tv's., and so on.

Posted via the Android Central App

DiePerske

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
When I make the switch in April or so, it'll be because my platform of choice(BB, specifically BB10) forgot about me, the consumer, and becausee Androids have real NFC, something I cant live without anymore, great for sharing full res pictures.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
When I first got a smartphone I got an android because of the ability to get in at a really low price point. When I upgraded to a fancier phone I stuck with android because its what I knew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa