Samsung S6 Edge or LG G4

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to make a final decision on my next upgrade from a Samsung S4. I've been looking at both of these phones. I've owned several S model phones but haven't used an LG before. Can someone please provide me with a short list of pros & cons for both phones. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I know how to do just that. Looking for phone users on the forum to provide their respective experiences.

jsu1222

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have owned both phones. I ended up returning my s6 edge and keeping my LG G4. Below is a review I wrote on why I made that decision. I hope it helps you...

By Joseph Sukits(contributing editor of my own opinion):

The tale of two flagships. LG's new G4 vs's Samsungs's S6/Edge

Lg, with the G4, has definitely done a much better job of finding the Balance between build quality and functionality. I am an avid smartphone technology enthusiast. Over the past 4 years I have owned almost every flagship device available by every major manufacturer. I have even ventured beyond the major manufacturers in search of the holy grail in regards to smartphones. A great example of a wonderful phone by one of the smaller manufacturers would be the oneplus one by ... That's right.... You guessed it, Oneplus. Anywho.... Getting back to my point, I have owned a buffet of amazing devices over the past few years and at one point they were all my daily drivers. I am, what I have read is considered, a "power user". In my humble opinion, Samsung, with the s6 and its fraternal twin the edge put so much emphasis on overhauling the physical design of the phone(s) they skimped on providing a truly enjoyable user experience. For a "power user", multi tasking is a very important aspect of the user experience. The S6/edge, due to issues with its RAM, provides one of the most frustrating user experiences I've encountered in quite some time. When a phone is marketed as the best phone money can buy and priced according to that philosophy(900 + dollars for the edge), there are expectations that running multiple apps simultaneously be a smooth, efficient experience. Those expectations are laid to rest after a week or two with the S6/edge. As soon as the memory fills up, the problems begin . For the average user who just uses their phones for taking the occasional picture, Facebook, videos and web surfing..... the flashy new aluminum and glass look will be enough to warrant the expense as well as go down in flames defending the decision to justify it. However, for the true "power user" who uses their phone for literally everything making it a direct extension of how they efficiently live their lives.....as many people do these days, the s6's shortcomings as they relate to user experience become very glaring. I had mine for 3 weeks before getting a warranty replacement due to the fact I thought something was wrong with it. After receiving its replacement and it mimicking the issues of the phone it replaced I began to realize that the problem was not isolated. Samsung has a severe RAM issue with its new flagship. After diligently researching similar experiences had by others .... Same phone.... Same experience..... Same frustration ... I found that Samsung quietly has acknowledged that the issue exists and has promised to fix it with future software updates, which to my knowledge, have yet to occur.*
The G4 on the other hand has been a complete joy to use in every way. Is it going to win the award for most beautiful or cutting edge design? The answer to that would be No. However, it is a sharp design laced with sophisticated humility. I think Balance and humility are the cornerstones upon which this masterpiece was created. The design does not stand out even with the leather back option and it doesn't use the most powerful system processor under the hood. Even so, the phone is designed and engineered so every piece systematically compliments the one sitting next to it optimizing the performance of the phone as a whole. In sports they say for a team to be truly successful, one person can not be greater or more important than the team as a whole. Unless of course you are Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. The same theory applies to the difference between a good phone and a great one. With the G4, not one component or concept truly stands out(excluding the unbelievable camera) but the phone as a whole is a well balanced masterpiece that can efficiently handle anything you throw at it. For me personally, if ya can't tell, I'm a huge G4 fan. I may have finally found my smartphone Holy Grail.....

Posted via the Android Central App

jsu1222

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have owned both phones. I returned the s6 edge and kept the G4. Below is a review I wrote on why I made that decision. I hope it helps you..

Lg, with the G4, has definitely done a much better job of finding the Balance between build quality and functionality. I am an avid smartphone technology enthusiast. Over the past 4 years I have owned almost every flagship device available by every major manufacturer. I have even ventured beyond the major manufacturers in search of the holy grail in regards to smartphones. A great example of a wonderful phone by one of the smaller manufacturers would be the oneplus one by ... That's right.... You guessed it, Oneplus. Anywho.... Getting back to my point, I have owned a buffet of amazing devices over the past few years and at one point they were all my daily drivers. I am, what I have read is considered, a "power user". In my humble opinion, Samsung, with the s6 and its fraternal twin the edge put so much emphasis on overhauling the physical design of the phone(s) they skimped on providing a truly enjoyable user experience. For a "power user", multi tasking is a very important aspect of the user experience. The S6/edge, due to issues with its RAM, provides one of the most frusterating user experiences I've encountered in quite some time. When a phone is marketed as the best phone money can buy and priced according to that philosophy(900 + dollars for the edge), there are expectations that running multiple apps simultaneously be a smooth, efficient experience.Those expectations are laid to rest after a week or two with the S6/edge. As soon as the memory fills up, the problems begin . For the average user who just uses their phones for taking the occasional picture, Facebook, videos and web surfing..... the flashy new aluminum and glass look will be enough to warrant the expense as well as go down in flames defending the decision to justify it. However, for the true "power user" who uses their phone for literally everything making it a direct extension of how they efficiently live their lives.....as many people do these days, the s6's shortcomings as they relate to user experience become very glaring. I had mine for 3 weeks before getting a warranty replacement due to the fact I thought something was wrong with it. After receiving its replacement and it mimicking the issues of the phone it replaced I began to realize that the problem was not isolated. Samsung has a severe RAM issue with its new flagship. After dilligently researching similar experiences had by others .... Same phone.... Same experience..... Same frusteration ... I found that Samsung quietly has acknowledged that the issue exists and has promised to fix it with future software updates, which to my knowledge, have yet to occur.*
The G4 on the other hand has been a complete joy to use in every way. Is it going to win the award for most beautiful or cutting edge design? The answer to that would be No. However, it is a sharp design laced with sophisticated humility. I think Balance and humility are the cornerstones upon which this masterpiece was created. The design does not stand out even with the leather back option and it doesn't use the most powerful system processor under the hood. Even so, the phone is designed and engineered so every piece systematically compliments the one sitting next to it optimizing the performance of the phone as a whole. In sports they say for a team to be truly successful, one person can not be greater or more important than the team as a whole. Unless of course you are Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. The same theory applies to the difference between a good phone and a great one. With the G4, not one component or concept truly stands out(excluding the unbelievable camera) but the phone as a whole is a well balanced masterpiece that can efficiently handle anything you throw at it. For me personally, if ya can't tell, I'm a huge G4 fan. I may have finally found my smartphone Holy Grail.....

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have owned both phones. I returned the s6 edge and kept the G4. Below is a review I wrote on why I made that decision. I hope it helps you..

Lg, with the G4, has definitely done a much better job of finding the Balance between build quality and functionality. I am an avid smartphone technology enthusiast. Over the past 4 years I have owned almost every flagship device available by every major manufacturer. I have even ventured beyond the major manufacturers in search of the holy grail in regards to smartphones. A great example of a wonderful phone by one of the smaller manufacturers would be the oneplus one by ... That's right.... You guessed it, Oneplus. Anywho.... Getting back to my point, I have owned a buffet of amazing devices over the past few years and at one point they were all my daily drivers. I am, what I have read is considered, a "power user". In my humble opinion, Samsung, with the s6 and its fraternal twin the edge put so much emphasis on overhauling the physical design of the phone(s) they skimped on providing a truly enjoyable user experience. For a "power user", multi tasking is a very important aspect of the user experience. The S6/edge, due to issues with its RAM, provides one of the most frusterating user experiences I've encountered in quite some time. When a phone is marketed as the best phone money can buy and priced according to that philosophy(900 + dollars for the edge), there are expectations that running multiple apps simultaneously be a smooth, efficient experience.Those expectations are laid to rest after a week or two with the S6/edge. As soon as the memory fills up, the problems begin . For the average user who just uses their phones for taking the occasional picture, Facebook, videos and web surfing..... the flashy new aluminum and glass look will be enough to warrant the expense as well as go down in flames defending the decision to justify it. However, for the true "power user" who uses their phone for literally everything making it a direct extension of how they efficiently live their lives.....as many people do these days, the s6's shortcomings as they relate to user experience become very glaring. I had mine for 3 weeks before getting a warranty replacement due to the fact I thought something was wrong with it. After receiving its replacement and it mimicking the issues of the phone it replaced I began to realize that the problem was not isolated. Samsung has a severe RAM issue with its new flagship. After dilligently researching similar experiences had by others .... Same phone.... Same experience..... Same frusteration ... I found that Samsung quietly has acknowledged that the issue exists and has promised to fix it with future software updates, which to my knowledge, have yet to occur.*

Excellent review & very comprehensive.

Issac_Jong

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I think it really depends on what you want:

better display: S6 / bigger display: G4
better performance: S6 / better battery life: G4
better design: S6 / better camera: G4

of course, the S6 has the second best camera (after G4) among all smartphones, while the G4 has the third best display (after S6 and S6 edge) among all smartphones...

Either way, you get a cutting-edge smartphone.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
After owning the Moto X 2014 for almost a year I would never buy another phone with poor battery life especially one that's not removable. I'm sure the S6 is a great phone but you're going to be charging it constantly and after 9-12 months it will need a new battery which is not replaceable. I'd go with the G4 for sure.

androidcolors

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
It's best to make your decision yourself, I rather recommend taking a look to different Comparisons on the web (check on google)

but one thing is sure, both of them are great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress