The OnePlus 3 vs the Note 7

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: For $850, I would rather buy 2 One Plus 3s! (Note 7 Review)

Yeah there is different facts to consider like rebates and gifts at the time or features one phone may have that another doesn't and if you can't find the perfect one phone you have to weigh what's more important to you and choose the best phone for you if price is a factor.

I can only go from my perspective and I'll tell you mine... For getting back in the Android market I was thinking cheap lol... $400 One Plus 3 for flagship processor, memory, ram, not flagship display... I can live with. Then I found the ZTE Axon 7... Add sdcard and better screen and better audio chip and front blasting speakers that have gotten positive reviews (cameras decent on both) and i'm sold... for $400!

Then the Note 7 got announced... love the S-Pen for AOD note writing... dunno why but I feel would use all the time and huge selling point for me. And you get the best screen and camera and water resistant and before launch I thought so expensive but would bite the bullet and buy at full price monthly payment and accept it.

Right now the glass and possible weakness at the curve and maybe the possibly of it being suspect to scratching easier than I want concerns me. The performance numbers being up there but not dominantly leading and the possibly of having, not terrible, but lag issues... add that up than it bothers me for an $850 phone.

Why it's still on the top of my list?? Because I can get the phone for $600. To me... for $600 it's all worth it. If I had to pay $850... it'd be off my list.

600$
? how?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

My company I work for has a business account for AT&T. They still offer subsidized upgrades on phones with 2-year contracts. We have enough phones where my boss can let me use one of the lines to order an upgrade phone and use my CC to pay for it. I have AT&T too so just swap sims. He just upgraded his phone and showed me the price was $600. :)

But how can you get it for $600?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, take away the crazy low $400 and on specs alone... it's a DIRECT competitor to the S7/Edge, HTC or any other flagship where again most of the main specs are same as the others and differences in the details... no water resistance on ZTE I think where S7 has but it's got front speakers powered by AKM Audio chipset with positive reviews. Designed by BMW studios. Crazy.

Axon 7 brings up a whole new level of crazy to the market.

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

Very interesting post. These seem to both be great phones. Except the melting problem. I'm a little worried i'm going to get a note and it's gonna melt.