Android Central Photo Contest: Railroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippyrulzzz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Taken with my nexus 5, cropped and filtered with instagram. These tracks are just right up the block from my house, so we walk there often. It had just rained before this walk, so he was trying to stay away from his usual spots in and around the trees on either side - you can see some of the water on his back from him heading in there before realizing it was gonna get him wet.

IMG_20150528_182515.jpg

Last edited:

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The other day I went out on my tandem kayak with my daughter to place some geocaches around Lake Roland (Baltimore, MD). The lake is bisected by the Light Rail line. As we were about to head back under the bridge, I got a picture as a train headed over. I thought it was a nice contrast in different type of transportation being used. Taken with my Samsung S5.

TrainCrossing.jpg

wvaj

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess it would help if I found the right place to post this :)

Picture of the train bridge at McCoy's Ferry in Maryland. Taken with my S5 Active (at the time) with basic touch ups in Adobe Light Room.

railroad.jpg

haywarddaryl

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Through the back door (that's what they said)

This one took an adventure. I walked under a bridge, took my shoes and socks off, walked through a creek (with my new S6 in my pocket and slippery rocks underfoot), got to the other side and let my feet dry before putting my shoes back on (is that a sock in your pocket, sir?). Then, I walked up some rocks before walking sideways up a gravely hill. Let's just say...I took the back way in. It was 30 degrees C today in North Vancouver, so after retracing my steps back to my car I immediately drove to the closet McDonald's drive-thru and bought a drink for a dollar. Little known fact: photography works up a mighty thirst. There has also been a lot of smoke in the skies up here lately because of nearby wildfires, I was lucky to get a clear shot, never mind the total fluke of getting the bird in there (I mean, that was totally due to my awesome skills). Then it was off to home to edit with Photoshop CS6. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoy your contests.

Attachments

• Track Bird 1080.jpg
    Track Bird 1080.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 38

nenetje

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Through the back door (that's what they said)

This picture was taken today under a railway bridge in my hometown Dinant, Belgium. The bridge is situated over the Meuse river.
I haven't used any editing for this picture taken with my Huawei ascend P8 Lite.

IMG_20150706_152245.jpg

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

These is getting harder everytime... ;D And I love that! So many pro's around here.

Taken with my MotoG 1rst gen. And heavily tweaked with Snapseed. This is one of the rails at the "Suburbano's" train staitions heading to "BuenaVista station, Mexico's State, MX, while on the way for some Japanese classes that I've been taking for the last 3 weeks. ;D Taken right before security asked me to stop taking photos at private propertry... XD Which is ridiculous... !

Good luck everyone!IMG_20150702_114449-04.jpg

Bre2tSco2t

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Sitting on a Yamaha Waverunner, on the Alabama River, north of the CSX yard in Montgomery Alabama. Shot with 2013 Moto X. Waited about twenty minutes for the coal train headed south. It was a dark morning, and the sun broke through just in time for the shot. This is a swing bridge, and is the second swing bridge in this general location since the railroad was built. As a railroad fan, I like to find unique places to shot pictures, that not just anyone can get to. No editing to the photograph. (If you edit the photos, whats the point of the contest?) 8-D

RiverBridgeTrain.jpg

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pics everyone! They were cool to look at and good luck to all of you!!!

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
And the winner is?

I noticed that Andrew didn't mention the two week time period like he usually does. I see where I would be confused, personally, but I'm seeking to bet they're sticking with the two week contest.

Dang straight this was "Posted via the Android Central App"

ettermomx4

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
b4f24a945dd02a2bec84dcc29e1e966f.jpg

Taken with Galaxy Note 4 and processed with Snapseed. These are railroad tracks across from my house.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

If you edit the photos, whats the point of the contest?

Oh...!! This is art dude... ! The point is to enjoy it for real, to express yourself... feel it. ;D Moto X's owners like you might gonna have a little bit of advantage while taking photos, due to the camera... (not complaining... Xd) but talking about poor ****ty cameras like mine (Moto G 1st Gen)... I'm not going to lie you, sometimes is quite disappointing the quality (even more in darker situations) XD

Have fun bruh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo