Android Central Photo Contest: Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-clock.jpg

Lake Union Park clock

Keeping up with what time it is is pretty important. Some of us have an inherent feel for what time it is, and others need to glance down at a watch, a phone or a clock regularly to keep up with the day. For our latest photo contest, we want you to capture any kind of time-telling mechanism. Whether that's an ornate clock in a city square or just a standard kitchen wall clock, we know you can take a great photo of it.

We'll be picking three winners, and each one will receive a new Chromecast!!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 20) night at 11:59 p.m. ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My desk clock at work. A powers of two clock I got from Think Geek over 12 years ago. Photo taken with my Galaxy S6 & cropped (badly) in GIMP on my computer.
20151007_140044.jpg

bcantana

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Astronomical Clock in Prague, Czech Republic taken with LG G2.

-Ben

Attachments

• Astronomical Clock - Prague.jpg
    Astronomical Clock - Prague.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 134

bonnyalma

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Steam Clock.jpg

The Steam Clock in Gastown, Vancouver, B.C. We met a friend we hadn't seen for years and showed her around the area. I used a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Last edited:

CrazyJimbo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Snapped with my Nexus 6 using A Better Camera app in Super mode, edited in GIMP.
22013213202_cc423a8e9d_o.jpg

Dave Johnson3

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
my GF and I were visiting London, and I was hoping to catch an iconic type of photo.
We stepped out of the tube station and saw Big Ben. As I raised the camera a London bus approached. With a bit of careful timing to avoid tourists and other traffic obscuring my shot, I captured this.
Taken on LG G4, edited in Colour Splash app.
1434290983513-01-01-1.jpg

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
2015-02-05.jpg

Taken on Note 4 and edited with vsco.

I play ingress and I was doing some farming with a bunch of invisible portals.

pnale44

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
This was taken with my htc m8! And it was a storm I was just trying to catch a lightening flash. So I would randomly shoot in burst mode, guess when it was going to light up, and caught this!

Apparently my photo won't upload from my nexus 10!

Posted via Android Central App

andrcm17

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
20150110_161927.jpg

Taken in Siena on LG G3, unedited. I thought this clock was particularly unique as it had a date wheel in it, something I had never seen in a public clock before.

Kevin Clanton

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Taken Last Christmas from Love Park Philadelphia. The clock is on city hall with a view of the Christmas fair in the park below Taken with my note 4 and unedited.

love park city hall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.