What is Pokemon

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing all kinds of articles about Pokemon and don't understand what it does. I know it's a video game but I keep reading about people finding things. What are these things. I know they can't be inanimate objects people are placing all over. The last video game I played, ( Mario Brothers ) was with my teenagers in the early 90's so I just don't get it.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a virtual reality (okay, augmented reality) game played on iPhones and Android phones. You have to move around because all the virtual "things" (Pokemon, little animated creatures) are placed on the wider map of the world and you have to go to those locations to "find" them.

Don Serrot

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Pokemon crash course.

In the main game series Pokemon is an RPG (Role Playing Game) where you are a kid who has reached the age in the Pokemon world where it's time for you to explore and find your place in the world. Your party consists of wild animals called "Pokemon" (short fort "Pocket Monster") and after being gifted you first Pokemon by a local professor who studies Pokemon you are tasked with making a record of the different kinds of Pokemon in your region using a "Pokedex". You can encounter wild Pokemon and tame them to build up your team of 6 Pokemon and fight gym leaders for the right to face against the Elite Four, a group of the best Pokemon trainers in your region. There are many different types of Pokemon with different strengths and weaknesses so you have a lot of options to fill out your team with. The original games had 151 Pokemon and they have added more with each new generation of games.

Pokemon Go is based on that concept. Just like in the main series games you are given a Pokemon and sent out into the world, only this time it's the real world. If you see a Pokemon on your screen you can tap it to start an encounter, it's a bit watered down though as you only have the option to either throw food to the Pokemon or throw a ball to catch it in. You also have the option of turning on your camera so it looks like the Pokemon is in the real world on your screen and you can even save a picture of it. You can get more Pokeballs by visiting Pokestops, points of interest in your area. These are usually parks, churches, memorials, local businesses, and outdoor art displays. Over time you'll find stronger and stronger Pokemon and be asked to join one of three teams. Teams can control gyms that are also the same kinds of points of interest I mentioned before. You can fight against Pokemon left there by the controlling team to either take it over if it's an enemy team or make it stronger if it's your own team.

That's basically the gist of things at the moment. Currently one major thing that's missing is trading Pokemon with other players, but Niantic has confirmed that it's a feature coming in the near future.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: I've read-Listen in all major media oulets, about "Pokemon" it stands for
Poke=Pocket: mon=Monster : According with reports is a Video-Game
that is getting users exited-Hehe! - I'm not a Gamer, so I don't
feel atracted to..For those who like gaming goFor it - Bye

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Pokémon is, to be frank, the most amazing game and franchise ever, made by Nintendo.

Basically, the classic games involve you, the trainer, going about and catching and raising wild Pokémon (animals of different types - ie, grass, water, flying) - and using them to battle other trainers who have their own Pokémon they've caught and are raising. You'll fight Gym Leaders - skilled trainers who specialize in one type of Pokémon - and get badges for defeating them. Once you've collected all eight badges, you can enter the Pokémon League and challenge the Elite Four - the leading trainers of that specific Pokémon world.

Your Pokémon gain more experience the more you train and battle them, and they can change shape and form (evolve).

Pokémon Go brings the gaming system to somewhat of a real-life version, where you can "run into" virtual Pokémon in real-life areas. You can catch them, level them up, and battle them, as far as I know. I've heard really good things about this game/app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non