Burn in?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Any phone in particular? I don't see how, though, since the game is usually always moving things around. I haven't seen any on an S7 Edge, but then again, I'm not an avid player (more than 5 minutes on the thing and I lose interest).

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that burn in isn't finger prints? I have caught myself stabbing at what I thought was a Pokémon and realized it was a bunch of greasy fingerprints. Good thing I have a glass screen protector. I'm constantly cleaning my screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't think the OP stated which phone they have, so no way of knowing what they're using... And the ITO screen, if I'm not mistaken, would be only the touch screen, not the display (which would be the part that would be getting the burn-in).

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You'll get burn in with all Amoled screens. Ingress has burned the OPS and COMM buttons onto my screen since i had the game on for hours at a time for months. So if you're playing Pokemon constantly, get ready to see a burn in of your avatar pic on the lower left of your screen, the pokeball icon in the lower middle, nearby pokemon indicator in the lower right, and the compass at the top right.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't think the OP stated which phone they have, so no way of knowing what they're using... And the ITO screen, if I'm not mistaken, would be only the touch screen, not the display (which would be the part that would be getting the burn-in).

You're correct. The ITO layer is for the digitiser, it's the actual display panel that can suffer burn in.

That said, it's incredibly unlikely that Pokémon go could cause burn in. The display has to show the same image for hours at a time, without changing.

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Twofingerz

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I had accidentally left the app open while I was charging so the screen stayed on. The pokeball menu button burned in, what thankfully turned out to be temporarily. It went away after a couple hours, but definitely had me worried. I am not a heavy player and do not think i will have a problem long term, but the potential is there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, there is potential if you do leave the same elements on screen for that long. Fortunately, most of the time (unless it's a reaaaaally long time) you can get rid of it by cycling images through the screen (running a fast-moving video for an hour or two usually does the trick, or trying those 'burn in reduction' apps that just cycle colors and images fast through your screen)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I had accidentally left the app open while I was charging so the screen stayed on. The pokeball menu button burned in, what thankfully turned out to be temporarily. It went away after a couple hours, but definitely had me worried. I am not a heavy player and do not think i will have a problem long term, but the potential is there.

Yeah that'll do it lol. Glad your screen recovered though.

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non