Walking not recognised

Steve Dick

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to hatch my eggs bur it seems to be very difficult for the app to recognise me walking.
I have genuinely walked the distance but it only recorded a quarter of that. I also have to keep the game and screen on in my hand otherwise it doesn't do anything. That's not a problem for the Iphone, if the screen is off and in a pocket it still registers the distance.

I'm using a 6P. Any thoughts on what I can do? Is there a setting I can change so the app is still working when screen off? (I switched from iPhone to android so still trying to work out all settings available)

Posted via the Android Central App

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
If you go into settings and tick battery saver mode, then turn the phone upside down the screen will dim, though not quite go off.

Do you need to walk the full distance in one go to hatch an egg, or will it remember and accumulate each time you're logged in and walking?

Posted via the Android Central App

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Part of the issue is the overloaded servers. I too see issues. I'll take my dog for a 3 mile walk, and only get credited for 2km which is less than half the credit. Mainly because the servers lose track of me because they're overloaded, and can't keep track.

Basically, if you have the chronic spinning circle in the top left, you're not gonna get credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38