Not getting texts while playing Pokemon GO

A

AC Question

With the release of Pokemon GO, i finally decided to get off IOS and come back to android (LG Volt 2). Ive been playing for about a week now and it turns out i dont get texts while playing that game. I dont mean that i dont get notifications, i mean i dont get the texts at all. Calls still come through just fine but not getting texts has screwed me pretty badly. This morning i decided to do a factory reset to try and fix the issue and its still happening. If anyone has any idea what i can do to solve this, i'd be very grateful, i dont want to have to give up the game but i cant go without receiving texts.

SamuraiSquash

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Core.
Running Android v 4.4.2, Pokemon GO v 0.29.3

I also find that if I have Soundcloud playing music, opening up GO causes Soundcloud to close out completely after about 30 seconds. I've had GO since July 7, but only started noticing these issues around the 18th.

ForeignerBD

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with Android v 5.1.1
This problem started before Pokemon Go, but never realizing what the problem was. But with Pokemon Go, i receive like 1 in 50 texts if I'm lucky. Basically i don't get texts and it's really frustrating. Analyzing the app permissions and such i don't think it's the app itself.
So i started a few tests, and either it's a problem when the GPS it's ON (i don't see how it can affect but what do i know...), or it's a problem with the RAM memory. Pokemon Go uses more than 400 MB on my phone who was 900 to use, but it's not the only app that it's running so when i play it gets to a little more than 100MB free on RAM. And i think in some way when so much it's getting used, the phone just rejects texts at all. I can receive calls anytime, but the texts never come. If when i exit the app, i would received them it would be fine by me. But no, they are like delete or rejected as soon as should be received. As i said i had this problem before, in random texts like 1 once a month. But with app open it's 99% sure i won't receive.

john jones21

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
With the release of Pokemon GO, i finally decided to get off IOS and come back to android (LG Volt 2). Ive been playing for about a week now and it turns out i dont get texts while playing that game. I dont mean that i dont get notifications, i mean i dont get the texts at all. Calls still come through just fine but not getting texts has screwed me pretty badly. This morning i decided to do a factory reset to try and fix the issue and its still happening. If anyone has any idea what i can do to solve this, i'd be very grateful, i dont want to have to give up the game but i cant go without receiving texts.

have you come across a solution ???? i also have the same phone and have the same issue playing the game.

Eddith

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem on LG tribute. I tried downloading and using other messaging apps but they do the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38