Odd things I notice

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Was playing in a park yesterday. Talking with a group of 6 or 8 folks I did not know. We were comparing levels and things we notice about the game. About half were sub lvl 20 and several of us were above it. I was lvl 23 at the time. One person said he had an Aerodactyl on his screen. I waited a minute and it appeared on mine also. My first one so I got a little excited. One person, in the sub lvl 20 group captured it, it had a CP of 1070. I was really excited now, mine would be a monster! Captured it, it had a CP 28. This was the same for all of us. Even folks who were walking looking for it. It was either a 1070 or a 28. We talked and they caught the CP based on lvl. No one I talked to was lvl 20 so don’t know where the breaking point actually was. Has anyone else seen this or was it just an anomaly?

Before this it seemed to be based on level, the higher level the higher CP. Except for Magikarp, they seem to just vary. Highest I have heard of was a 179, I currently have a high of 157. This is for trying to capture the same critter at the same time. Say an Electabuzz. I’ll capture a CP 1,000, someone at a lower lvl will catch a 500 and someone higher will have a 1,500. I know they will vary at each capture, I can catch one at 1,300 or one at 200. I consider the lower ones a gift and worth 4 candies and some stardust. The lower CP ones can be as hard or harder to capture also. While they will escape fewer times, they will throw double moves on you.

ZKnowN

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
This happened to a friend of mine. People found a Snorlax with CP of around 700-800 and he found the one with 42 CP thou he was of higher lvl among his friends. 22 to be exact where others were 18-20

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Odd... But, buggy game is buggy!

It may have been a crap CP, but at least it's in your Pokédex now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sstevens47

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I had several odd things I've noticed about the game:
I'd be standing still, and yet get the message that I'm going too fast;
Common Pokemon only need 25 candies to (initially) evolve, but rarer ones need 50 or 100. Shouldn't it be the other way around?;
I lose my sound whenever I get a notification or plug in my charger;
If I switch to another app, when I try to switch back to Go, the game almost always reboots.

Like I said, just some things I've noticed. I use a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I get the going too fast message also. I’ve noticed that it happens more in some spots over others.

Yesterday my sister and I stopped into Joe’s Crab Shack in Wilmington, at the waterfront park. There was a gym and three stops nearby but out of reach from the restaurant. As we sat, our trainers would run all over the place. We both got more than 1.5 km on our eggs while just sitting at the table! This was in about an hour or less. We could battle in the gym, if you caught it fast enough before your trainer came back. They would make a run, then stop for a minute before coming back. And we could hit the stops many times by keeping an eye on the game. It wasn’t just the game either. I use My Tracks to see how far I walk. It registered 20.5 km at lunch.

Don’t know what the reason was. Maybe the roof or the array of their equipment but something was screwing with the GPS. Didn’t check if it was the same outside or around the place. I’ll be going there this week to see. The hunting wasn’t as good as another park I walk at but could catch a fair amount. Not lucky egg worthy though.

I have also noticed that once I capture something, I see more of them around. Don’t know if it game modifications making them appear in more places or just the way it happens. At home, we used to just have Pidgies, Rats, Spearows, Caterpies and such. Once we went to a park with lots of water critters, we now see them at home, far inland. We never even saw them on the nearby screen before.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had several odd things I've noticed about the game:
I'd be standing still, and yet get the message that I'm going too fast;
Common Pokemon only need 25 candies to (initially) evolve, but rarer ones need 50 or 100. Shouldn't it be the other way around?;
I lose my sound whenever I get a notification or plug in my charger;
If I switch to another app, when I try to switch back to Go, the game almost always reboots.

Like I said, just some things I've noticed. I use a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.

Candy for evolution is based off level of evolution, number of evolutions, and type of evolutions. For example, in the gameboy Caterpie, and Weed le first evolve at level 7, then level 10. The highest level is 100. Pudgy evolves at level 18, then level 16. Marinara evolves at level 20, however it is quite difficult to get it to level 20. The 25 then 100 candy evolutions are either pokemon that have one standard evolution then either a stone evolution or trade evolution, with the exception of Dragonite. However Dragonair doesn't evolve into Dragonite until level 55.

As far as CP goes. It's random. Period. The higher your level, generally the higher the CP you will see. However all Pokémon are unique so you may see a weaker one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress