Question Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro random repetitive sound

H4wks

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello, my Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro starts making a weird, repetitive sound. The sound is similar to a spinning helicopter rotor blade. This started about 2 weeks ago. The phone is making these sounds at random times, and sometimes I need to reboot in order for it to go away. The last time I didn't need to reboot, it lasted for about 15 or 20 seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That could be the NFC tone, which can be triggered if anything with an NFC chip (like a credit card or ID card) comes close to the back of the phone, like if you use a wallet-style case. Try turning off NFC on the phone, or testing it by touching various credit cards or ID cards to the back of the phone.

Reactions: H4wks

H4wks

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That could be the NFC tone, which can be triggered if anything with an NFC chip (like a credit card or ID card) comes close to the back of the phone, like if you use a wallet-style case. Try turning off NFC on the phone, or testing it by touching various credit cards or ID cards to the back of the phone.
Hello, I have a normal case and the phone was not close to any credit or ID cards. I tried touching several Credit cards and my ID card as well and it doesn't make the sound. I turned off NFC and will report back in case the problem reoccurs.

H4wks

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Try in safe mode , if it's ok then start looking at 3rd party apps you download might have to uninstall one by one until sound is gone
Hello, I turned on safe mode and the sound came and woke me up at 2 in the morning. I turned off the smartphone and several hours later, when I woke up, the phone was turned on.

Last edited:

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
There are plenty of things you can turn off temporarily, such as Passwords and Security - Authorisation and Revocation - MSA (for turning off adverts in one area)
Try Revoking all system apps, or individually.

Have you looked at the several areas in Settings and System apps to remove adverts.
It may be linked to Themes also.
There are several things you can try if you have a standard global rom, but I know little about flashing a new rom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterm2