Outlook as Default Email?

RonRock

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 current updates.

I have Outlook loaded and my email address set up and working fine.

How do I set Outlook as my default email app? I have checked settings/apps/email and do not see an option to change the default app. I have also checked the settings/apps/default apps and do not see an email option.

RonRock

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone and use Outlook. Settings - Apps/Application Manager - Outlook - Set As Default.
Hope it helps.

Seems like that should work, but on mine it don't.

I go to settings/apps/Application manager/Outlook.

There I see Application Info page. Scroll down to App Settings. There is an option"Set as default. That option has "None set as default"

I tap on that and There is a page Set as default. It shows Outlook. Below a line it says None set as default there is a box "Clear Defaults" it is greyed out. There is also APP LINKS but the options "Go to supported URL's, Supported web addresses" are also greyed out.

I don't see anywhere that I can set my default email app. Frustrating! Should be easy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I go to settings/apps click on the email program and under app settings there's notifications then permissions and "set as default/none set as default" is greyed out so you cannot select it
You have a s7 ? Maybe it has that option back then , I'm looking at my Note 10+ dont see as option under default apps .Screenshot_20200321-221744_Permission%20controller.jpeg

cncolby

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Clear whatever your current default email is and then just go to any "contact us" page on a website and click the email link and then choose your new default and click *ALWAYS*
I know this is like 3 years dead, but thanks for this! Also, I found that using a local government website's 'contact us' reliably resulted in a mailto: link rather than a web based form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds