ok i'm stuck

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What version of Amon Ra did you use? I found that the newer versions caused me to get stuck in a loop like you suggested.

Though I'm not entirely sure it's the same problem as you say you were able to install the ROM already.

Hey xxfallacyxx, how can we tell what version of Amon Ra we are running? Mine works, just wondering.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Has the blue text correct?

The newer version from what I read is supposed to have red text. It was roughly 1.5 months ago that I experienced the issues with the newer version of Amon Ra, this does mean it could be fixed.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I need to figure out how to transfer the nandroid file on my external SD card to the internal one on the phones memory... or to download another ROM like you said and see if that will work
of course i am flying by the seat of my pants with no clue WTH i am doing ... oh well... live and learn

I just read a post from another member and he seemed to be having the same problem. He was able to boot into recovery after he removed the microSD card from his phone. He felt that the ph981img.zip file was causing the problem.

Since your phone won't boot properly, I would remove the microSD card, place it in an SD card adaptor, then place it into a card reader attached to your PC. You can either delete the ph981img.zip file, or rename it.

At this time you can also download a new ROM onto the card as well. put the card back in the phone, boot into recovery and flash the new ROM

OR put the card into the phone, boot into recovery and restore a previous nandroid.

It should work. Hope this helps.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
well after many hours of trying, i FINALLY got cleanROM GBE 1.6.5 running. the problem was with the ph981img.zip file hopefully it wont bug out on me.

thanks for your advice.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
me too... i was concerned there for a while that i was going to be stuck... its strange that i can install the ics rom... what seems to happen is that the ICS.zip file extracts the PH981IMG.zip file and thats what causes the HBOOT loop... i'd like to try ICS if anyone has any ideas why this was being an issue.

thanks

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Care to post which version of Amon Ra you're using?

As posted above buckifvr and I are using 3.0.6, I'd assume without issue (I know I've had no issue).

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
me too... i was concerned there for a while that i was going to be stuck... its strange that i can install the ics rom... what seems to happen is that the ICS.zip file extracts the PH981IMG.zip file and thats what causes the HBOOT loop... i'd like to try ICS if anyone has any ideas why this was being an issue.

thanks

Yeah, what about that version of Amon Ra on your phone? Also which ICS rom did you install and have problems with? Now that I think back on it, after I installed SenselessROM I found the ph981img.zip file on my microSD card. When I was unhappy with SenselessROM and wanted to go back to CleanROM I had trouble booting into recovery until I renamed ph981img.zip. In my experience CleanROM 2.3 ICS does not put that zip file on your sd card.

Last edited:

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
That file is a boot image, and both Senseless ICS and CleanROM ICS are supposed to create it and install it after successful ROM installation. After that you're supposed to manually remove it from the card to prevent installation prompt loop when trying to access recovery.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
i'm not sure... i got the Amon Ra from this post xda-developers - View Single Post - [Recovery] Amon Ra style vigor
cleanROM ics 2.3 definitely extracted that file into the root directory of my SD card. i used the card reader to look at my SD card and when i started the only zip file in root was the CleanROM ICS 2.3... i actually opened that file with WinRAR and saw the PH981IMG.zip file inside... when i flashed it and got stuck in the Hboot loop, i pulled the SD card and checked it again and both zip files were in the root directory.... /shrug dunno why that happens

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
i just deleted the PH98 file that extracted from the CLEAN ROM 1.6 GBE.zip... glad to know that i needed to do that or would just get myself stuck in another bootloop the next time i entered recovery.

Thanks!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays