Google Nexus 10 Pricing?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No. not yet!! but I think it would be around $350. Here is my theory

Chromebook which has the same processor,Chipset,2 Gb RAM,16 Gb storage and probably same battery is $250.

I know touch panel and the screen resolution cost more but if you take out all the unwanted components(keyboard and other) from chromebook. removing those could compensate a little on the screen resolution cost.

also 2 nexus 7 cost $400 which is pretty much 14 inch screen, 32 Gb combined, 2 processor,2 battery etc.

Last edited:

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No. not yet!! but I think it would be around $350. Here is my theory

Chromebook which has the same processor,Chipset,RAM,16 Gb storage and probably same battery is $250.

I know touch panel and the screen resolution cost more but if you take out all the unwanted components(keyboard and other) from chromebook.

removing those could compensate a little on the screen resolution cost.

also 2 nexus 7 cost $400 which is pretty much 14 inch screen, 32 Gb combined, 2 processor,2 battery etc.

If it is $350, Then they will be taking my money. Not really taking my money but more like me throwing it at them at high speed. I agree with your logic lets just hope that it works out that way.

ep1977

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If it is $350, Then they will be taking my money. Not really taking my money but more like me throwing it at them at high speed. I agree with your logic lets just hope that it works out that way.

I also would be buying this quickly for $350. I'm thinking that the price will be closer to $500 though

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Especially if they continue the $25 in the app store! Think of this:

iPad Mini: $329 (so-so outdated screen ppi, so-so processor, ok RAM)
Nexus 10: $350 - $25 in store = $325 (better than retina PPI, amazing processor, great RAM)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I wont be surprised if they come at $300 for 16Gb and $350 for 32 gb.

or price it $329 just to poke fun at ipad mini

They won't go that low because that would make it too close in price with the new Nexus 7. I'm guessing (hoping) for $350 16GB, but they might go $400 (which I think is a mistake)

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to guess $350. Google's not in the business of making money off hardware. They want to put their devices in everyone's hands, so they can consume, consume, consume. The N10 will obviously be less than the iPad 4, and probably less than the mini.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hardware that competes with the new iPad 4. Doubt it will be much under $450.

This. Their price will be competitive but considering the specs, selling it for even 350 would be too much of a steal. I'd say starting point will be at least 400+

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They won't go that low because that would make it too close in price with the new Nexus 7. I'm guessing (hoping) for $350 16GB, but they might go $400 (which I think is a mistake)

I'm hoping $350 for 16GB, $400 for 32GB. I hate to say it, but they'd be justified in doing $500 for 32GB considering the specs. Pricing it the same as the iPad (ie 16GB for $500) would be a mistake that I doubt they'd make at this point in the game. But based on the N7 strategy (and my hopes), I'm thinking $350-400.

One thing I'm worried about is that leaks for this thing didn't show up until right before it was supposed to be released and people were originally predicting early 2013. Combine that with the desire to keep cost low and announce it with the N4, and I hope they didn't rush/cut too many corners.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I do like the notion of a really cheap 10" tablet with these specs. That said, I question Samsung's desire to sell a really cheap tablet. Yes, Google has a desire to sell hardware for no profit, but Samsung doesn't.

ASUS might have been motivated to do the N7 as a loss leader to increase their market presence and name brand. Samsung, on the other hand, is considered the top tier maker of android products right now and will only be hurt by selling a tablet at a really low cost. Why buy a Note 10.1 for $500+ when you can get a faster, higher res, newer tablet from Samsung for $200 or so less? Really think most people want an S pen *that* much?

That said, if they offer a 32GB N10 for $450 or less, my finger will frantically be clicking on the "pre-order" link at top speed.

-Suntan