Sprint Nexus 4

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
that would be great, or even a JB update for my evo lte... :( that rumor said the 15-27 of November and im still waiting for the update. Not that big of a deal, iI just want Google now.

NativeTongue03

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Will it be dual mode ie GSM roaming capable? I need a phone soon and have been holding back from using my upgrade since August waiting for something good to be released but I'm getting desperate now

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You know I thought some more about this one recently. I really hope it does come to Sprint. Not because of the phone since I think it still has too many shortcomings but because you gotta believe that some kind of assurance was given by sprint to Google to keep it up to date like the non-lte version.

Could be laying the groundwork for a totally Google controlled phone like the iPhones on all carriers.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And plus the Gnex didn't come to sprint till it hit vzw and our version is better with 32gb of storage

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Won't happen unless Sprint agrees to release Google's updates to the phone immediately like with the iPhone. This might happen, but it's a slim chance.

But even if Sprint gets the N4, I'd still go with an unlocked N4 on GSM because it gives you more freedom (as well as TMobile's better coverage/speeds).

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Won't happen unless Sprint agrees to release Google's updates to the phone immediately like with the iPhone. This might happen, but it's a slim chance.

But even if Sprint gets the N4, I'd still go with an unlocked N4 on GSM because it gives you more freedom (as well as TMobile's better coverage/speeds).
Even Verizon dosnt get immediate releases considering the G Nexus for updated after the Sprint version did..

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I could see BOTH Verizon and Sprint getting this mainly because people have already bought the G Nexus when it first released on Verizon to the point of sold out.. This also happend with the Sprint version.. And Im not really sure why people are saying "This should be on Verizon" "Id rather see it on Verizon.." If anything it should get released to BOTH the CMDA carriers instead of one.. Verizon also had the exclusive the the G Nexus, does T-Mobile have one for the N4 since its the only carrier in the US thats actually selling it.. (Play Store dosnt count). If they have a exclusive for the device then I dont really see them deciding or putting into production a LTE Verizon and Sprint version until the exclusitvity is almost up. And Also, I could see both the carriers waiting till the next Nexus device because they both have gotten preimum flag ship phones, Sprint - HTC EVO LTE, Optimus G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2. Verizon- Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, and Droid DNA and I could see those phones actually going big once the peopel that joined in 2011's contracts ends next year, and they want something new that both the carriers with promote people to buy (Sprint does it with the HTC EVO line, and Im not sure if Verizon still does that with the DROID line still..). What I really would like the manufactors and Google to do is make a CDMA only Nexus phone.. Released at the same times.. Just for CMDA networks ONLY! (Kinda like how the HTC ONE line is and how each carrier has its own HTC "One" phone.. Sprint- HTC EVO LTE. Verizon- DROID DNA, DROID INDREBLE. AT&T- ONE X, and ONE X+. Tmobile- ONE S and 8X (8x later went onto other carriers).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
the question I wanna know is ... will we be getting another top-notch slider like the OG EPIC4G ?
Still rockin the Epic 4g, Texas?

Awesome.. Passed mine onto my daughter.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is if/when this happens I know where I will be dropping my upgrade ;) Sprint Nexus 4 LTE !!!

heyjb28

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see this actually occur, especially for Verizon and not sprint. I was just wondering Alex what are these whispers you talk about. When they launched the nexus 4,Andy rubin kept complaining about the mess the lte galaxy Nexus caused. Could this be the Optimus blaze just from lg and it uses stock or is google rethinking putting the nexus 4 on CDMA carriers.

I think they're putting LTE versions due to popular demand. Remember when Nexus 7 came out? Matias Duarte couldn't stop talking about how 7" tablets are great and light and 10" tablets were too big and heavy. Then, BAM! Nexus 10.

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
the question I wanna know is ... will we be getting another top-notch slider like the OG EPIC4G ?
The device now is the stupid Photon Q.. I could see them dropping that JUST like they did with the original Photon.. I hope they get one of the Galaxy sliders that Verizon, or T-Mobile has! Sprint advertises the Photon Q more than the LG MACH and in my mind the LG MACH is x10 better than the Photon Q only because it looks better, and resembles the look of the Optimus G kinda.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Still rockin the Epic 4g, Texas?

Awesome.. Passed mine onto my daughter.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is if/when this happens I know where I will be dropping my upgrade ;) Sprint Nexus 4 LTE !!!

Hey , Paul ... how U been ? Still holding on to my OG Epic4G until at least March/April 2013 when my upgrade will be due ... it would be cool to get a first-class slider but things are not looking too good for that as of yet ...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd trade my EVO LTE for a Nexus. I have to remain on Sprint so I only have hope. I do wish I would have waited for the GS3 but I would not trade my current phone for another skinned device.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I am proud of myself for sticking it out so long with the NS4G. My upgrade comes up in June, looks like I will have some great options.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana