SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The only place I have heard any mention of a HTC evo 2 has been in the forums. If one is coming they sure are being tight lipped about it.

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Of course an EVO 2 is coming

It has been Sprints most successful phone in a long time and is their flagship phone. Why would they suddenly abandon everything and not make a sequel??

If anything Sprint will follow the same formula they did with the original EVO which is announce the phone at CTIA in march and release it sometime in June just when all the original EVO owners are due for an upgrade

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

It has been Sprints most successful phone in a long time and is their flagship phone. Why would they suddenly abandon everything and not make a sequel??

If anything Sprint will follow the same formula they did with the original EVO which is announce the phone at CTIA in march and release it sometime in June just when all the original EVO owners are due for an upgrade

I agree with your reasoning, but alas with the new upgrade policy, many EVO owners will not be eligible for an upgrade this June! I've been with Sprint for about eleven years, so I am golden, fortunately!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

That formula is a bit odd this year since Sprint is having a special even next monday, on Feb 7th which is before CTIA and even before MWC. Last year they had an event introducing the Evo just about a month before it was released, and then they gave like 5000 of them away to all attendees of Goggle IO. Not sure what to make of it all. Is it monday yet??

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This article describes what I think most of us are hoping for...

HTC 3D Super-Smartphone Could Come to Sprint

Seems like they confused the Evo with the Incredible when they talked about device shortage due to AMOLED screen...

And HTC using Tegra chips over Snapdragons? Not sure how likely that is, but it would be great having Sense, and having a phone that can access Tegra Zone for all the cool games! :)

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This article describes what I think most of us are hoping for...

HTC 3D Super-Smartphone Could Come to Sprint

Seems like they confused the Evo with the Incredible when they talked about device shortage due to AMOLED screen...

And HTC using Tegra chips over Snapdragons? Not sure how likely that is, but it would be great having Sense, and having a phone that can access Tegra Zone for all the cool games! :)

Personally, I think 3D on a phone device is rather stupid. But hey, to each their own. As long as the 3D can be disabled it has potential. We shall find out next week. Hopefully it's not something lame...er NEW like details on their global 4G roaming.

Also, I like Sense, but I would really like to see HTC make it optional. Allow the user to buy the device and if they want to run stock android, they can do so (without having to root the phone), or opt for the Sense interface. One device that can appeal to both crowds.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am actually still confused about how 3d on a phone is supposed to work. I am going to guess that the whole UI is not going to be in 3d, only select applications like the video player and games. I would definitely want a live demo before I spend the extra money on a 3d phone. If however, we don't have a choice, then so be it....always cool to demo it to an iPhone user for a few mins, and who knows, maybe it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Benjamin_Life

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
HTC EVO 2

The HTC EVO 2 is coming. Whether its later this year or sometime next year I do not know. Iam a Telecommunications Broker and also have a bit of relations with people in all the major wireless sector. I have gotten word from more than 1 Sprint wireless franchise owners including a couple managers that they are in the build for the HTC EVO 2 which is supposed to run a faster proccessor and run 1080p, Instead of the 720 currently. Remember with all good phones that break records and is desirable there will always be another version that will come to replace it. That is a fact. Droid 1-Droid 2-Droid 2 Global is a great example. But Sprint wont spit out new versions like VZ did. They made the phone right the first time.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I doubt Sprint will abandon the Evo, their most successful phone ever (although I own an Epic OC 1.2ghz :) ).
Sprint= Evo line
Verizon= Droid line
T-Mobile= Mytouch line
AT&T= ...