One UI 6 & Android 14?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone read or heard when this update will hit our tablets?
I am installing it on my S22 Ultra as I type. I haven't seen any list with the Tab S9 or S8 on it. Anyone else?
I love it when my tablet and phone are running the same way.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Has anyone read or heard when this update will hit our tablets?
I am installing it on my S22 Ultra as I type. I haven't seen any list with the Tab S9 or S8 on it. Anyone else?
I love it when my tablet and phone are running the same way.
Probably not until January or February. Samsung updates its tablets after it updates phones. Tablets are on a quarterly update schedule, not monthly.

Reactions: lateck2

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
From that page, it looks like they list 5G versions for S9 and S9 ultra. Those don't actually exist do they? (In US, may be different elsewhere)
The 5G versions of the Tab S9 and S9 Ultra are non-US. The US has the Tab S9+ 5G for Verizon, AT&T, and US Cellular. According to Samsung, it seems to be sold out. Because it is showing it as unavailable.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Update: Looks like it is rolling out now for all variants.

Reactions: lateck2

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Which model? Tab S9, S9+ or Ultra?

What's the new DeX look like?

Still waiting for the update on the Tab S9.
Ultra
New Dex looks like no DEX. It is basically the non-Dex straight up tablet mode. Prefer Dex to look like Dex when I am using the keyboard and mouse. I mean, if I wanted it to look and act just like the tablet, I could just not have Dex turn on when I connect my keyboard.

To revert, go to Settings -> Connected Devices -> Samsung DeX -> Toggle Classic on vs New (Under the pictures)

Reactions: Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Ultra
New Dex looks like no DEX. It is basically the non-Dex straight up tablet mode. Prefer Dex to look like Dex when I am using the keyboard and mouse. I mean, if I wanted it to look and act just like the tablet, I could just not have Dex turn on when I connect my keyboard.

To revert, go to Settings -> Connected Devices -> Samsung DeX -> Toggle Classic on vs New (Under the pictures)
Interesting. DeX looks the same on my S22 Ultra that got updated earlier this week to Android 14.

Sadly, the update hasn't rolled out to the Tab S9 WiFi yet.

Last edited:

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. DeX looks the same on my S22 Ultra that got updated earlier this week to Android 14.

Sadly, the update hasn't rolled out to the Tab S9 WiFi yet.
Just checked my S23 Ultra. It also kept the old Dex without the non-classic option. Maybe that is just a tablet thing. I honestly cannot think why anyone would bother to switch to Dex if there is no difference. it kinda defeats the purpose.

Most of the changes are nice. However, this one is a head scratcher.Screenshot_20231125_193329_Software update.jpg

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Just checked my S23 Ultra. It also kept the old Dex without the non-classic option. Maybe that is just a tablet thing. I honestly cannot think why anyone would bother to switch to Dex if there is no difference. it kinda defeats the purpose.

Most of the changes are nice. However, this one is a head scratcher.View attachment 357791
Must be. Did it set the taskbar to autohide or not to autohide by default?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ultra

I don't use DEX very often, so I hadn't noticed this change. Thanks for pointing it out and providing instructions to get rid of it. I don't see the point of DEX in the new format.

Reactions: kikbxr1969