How can I stop my phone from beeping?

cariad121

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
It is definitely nothing to do with e mail notifications or even WIFI (turned off) or roaming as it happens in the house where there is a good signal so how can I stop this infernal noise which is keeping me awake at night? :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, unfortunately that's a very (VERY) generic description of your problem. Is it an actual beeping? Does it come with a pop up or notification? Is it a specific sound? Is it in regular intervals or seemingly random? Does it sound like something that would happen with anything 'ordinary' like the ping the phone makes when connecting to power or like any notification sound you've set up for any of your apps?

First thing I would try is to run your phone on Safe Mode. If the beeping stops there, then it's an app you've downloaded or that was included by your carrier that's causing it. If it happens there too, then it's either a system app or a hardware issue.

cariad121

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

The phone beeps twice randomly. No pop ups or notifications. It is a specific sound but nothing that I recognise as being one of the phone's sound options.

Your app comment is interesting. I have very few installed but Green Flag and the BBC i player are the most recent. The problem has occurred since these two have been installed.

How do I run the phone in safe mode?

cariad121

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I turned off the Notifications setting and the first tried was Green Flag and the BBC i player and the beeping stopped after that. So it was either of these that caused the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch