Automatic Dialing of Default Number in Favorites Menu

zeewhiz

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I suppose I'm not the only person that is irritated that when you have a list of contacts in your Favorites menu, the phone automatically dials the default number you have selected, whether you want to call that number or not!

I have re-entered all my contacts without default numbers but now when I open my Favorites and touch the number I wish to call, I must select Mark as Default or Just Once. Being unable to find a work-around...... or even better...... a way to get rid of the "Default" number issue, I got involved in a chat session with a Samsung Rep.

Bad news is, I was told that selecting the Just Once option is the only way to prevent the Alpha from dialing the default number. Not a real big issue I suppose, but it doesn't appear much thought was put into that part of the program.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you want the phone to dial the default number when you want that number, but let you choose which number to dial when you don't. If you think about that for a while, you'll realize why it's impossible.

zeewhiz

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Guess I didn't explain it right, sorry. What I want is the "default number" to go away altogether.

I have three phone numbers for most contacts. When anyone is put into my favorites list for easy/quick access, if you've chosen a "default number", it is automatically dialed as soon as you touch their name. Seems most of the time, it is the wrong phone to call! That is a real hassle. But, if you DON'T choose a default number, you are asked to pick a default number or pick the "just once" option. I don't understand why that is necessary. Just let me go to my Favorites, pick the number I want to call and that's it.

XOFFERS

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Couldn't agree more - Just let me decide which to use when - Never the same one at all times - Why do I have to select "just once" every time or loose the ability to choose forever?

mayteam

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Agree. I want the option to push on a favorite contact and to just have that contact's information open.The same as choosing a regular contact. Then if someone asks me for a favorite's address, email, etc. I can just push it and read it to the person. Don't want to have it automatically dial the person, then have to hang up, and then have to push "view contact"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer