Keep apps in hibernation

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Greenify to hibernate apps running in the background but it doesn't keep them dormant. Every time I set something like My Magazine or Geo News to hibernate they wake themselves up and run in the background while I think they're hibernating. Unfortunately I can't root this phone and just disable them so I have to rely on Greenify. Is there anyway I can keep them from running in the background permanently?

balex3000

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi, what phone do you have and what version of android. In general most of pre-installed apps can be easily disabled from the settings without need for apps like greenify. Just go to Settings -> Applications -> find an app like "My Magazine" -> tap on it in order to see details -> inside you will find "Disable" button.
Hope it helps. Otherwise provide more details and we'll try to help

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha (sm g850a) that is running 5.0.2 Lollipop. Some pre Installed apps have a grayed out disable button, lol, Samsung or AT&T disabled the disable button and unfortunately there is no root method for this model, otherwise I would just freeze them. I was able to turn off the My Magazine app so it doesn't operate on my phone but for some reason that and other pre Installed crap insists on running in the background.