Galaxy Gear Delay in Synching Text Notifications with Phone

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that with Text message that gear is behind phone in getting messages. Not sure if an issue with gear picking up that phone is near so it doesnt bother or what. Some times noticing about 1 min lag behind. Not significant, but noticeable when hearing phone go off in your pocket and then nothing on your wrist. Any others notice this. Email seems to be instant??

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that with Text message that gear is behind phone in getting messages. Not sure if an issue with gear picking up that phone is near so it doesnt bother or what. Some times noticing about 1 min lag behind. Not significant, but noticeable when hearing phone go off in your pocket and then nothing on your wrist. Any others notice this. Email seems to be instant??

It's probably a software issue, wait for the next update

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's very frustrating...I get some and don't get others at all. Wondering if the phone is defective or the watch at this point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have tried resetting both with no luck thought about exchanging both at this point to see if others are doing the same

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have tried resetting both with no luck thought about exchanging both at this point to see if others are doing the same

Like I said, wait for a software update. It is an issue that's software related and should be sorted out soon by Samsung

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would think the Gear would be slightly behind on all notifications since the cell signal is not tied to the Gear, but rather the phone?

Text and other notifications are being relayed to the Gear from the phone.

The delay is miniscule unless of course you're obsessing about it. I think your device is working fine?

Posted via Android Central App

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
An updated...i read several reviews tonight how stated the galaxy gear should get notifications instant as phone gets text. I decided to reboot device and galaxy gear. This corrected the issue and now getting notifications instant on galaxy gear. I did download go sms at one point and then removed when finding out galaxy gear working only with default sms from samsung. Wondering if that caused issues.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The challenge is always making sure the apps are in sync (so to speak) or compatible with the device. Glad to hear its working out for you now.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This delay was coming from go sms when using original texting app with phone no issues and getting messages instantly

Arpol

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my galaxy gear over the weekend and have been relatively happy with what it can do. The biggest problem I have is inconsistent notifications. At first I wasn't getting any notifications at all and now it seems like I am getting many of the email notifications. I am not getting any Text message notifications except for one yesterday. Since I received one, I am pretty sure that I have everything st up correctly, I just can't figure out why it is picking and choosing which notifications to send me. The main reason I got the gear is so that I could "screen" the notifications and decide when I have to go the smartphone, and when it is okay to wait. Can anyone help me with this?? By the way, I am running the native email app and test messages app on my Note 3 -- I have not downloaded any 3rd party apps for those functions.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my galaxy gear over the weekend and have been relatively happy with what it can do. The biggest problem I have is inconsistent notifications. At first I wasn't getting any notifications at all and now it seems like I am getting many of the email notifications. I am not getting any Text message notifications except for one yesterday. Since I received one, I am pretty sure that I have everything st up correctly, I just can't figure out why it is picking and choosing which notifications to send me. The main reason I got the gear is so that I could "screen" the notifications and decide when I have to go the smartphone, and when it is okay to wait. Can anyone help me with this?? By the way, I am running the native email app and test messages app on my Note 3 -- I have not downloaded any 3rd party apps for those functions.

Would it be safe to say that you do have the messaging function checked in the settings under notifications?

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
[BOX]I seem to be having the same issue with not receiving text message notifications even though I do have the message box checked in the galaxy gear manager.. Any help would be appreciated and thx[/BOX]

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't care how many times I have uninstalled the Gear app & reset my watch, installed everything again, reset the gear only, reinstalled the gear app only etc etc etc. I can not get this thing to send notifications to save my life. Bought the gear yesterday, could not get it to work. Took it back to BB and got another one, the tech set it up and it worked fine; even though he didn't do anything different then I did. So I figured it was the watch. it stopped sending notifications today (SMS, Emails), I have installed every scenario I can think of, so I know its not the watch or my phone since they both worked fine yesterday. I'm at my wits end…..any other special secrets I do not know about?

Michael Lynady

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
If I have your phone's screen on a long time out that will stop notifications from being sent-if the screen is on the notification will not be sent-hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Gear works like the notification light on your phone. It only receives notifications when the screen is turned off.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
An updated...i read several reviews tonight how stated the galaxy gear should get notifications instant as phone gets text. I decided to reboot device and galaxy gear. This corrected the issue and now getting notifications instant on galaxy gear. I did download go sms at one point and then removed when finding out galaxy gear working only with default sms from samsung. Wondering if that caused issues.

I have used Go SMS as my default for quite awhile, looks like that will be changing once i get my GG.

Jimmy Riley

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem factory reset the gear and still happens. I'm using a galaxy s4 on verizon. my text notification are about 2 hours delayed. gmail etc are instant.

EmmR

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. SMS messages seem to show up on my wrist instantly, but emails are either a few minutes behind the buzz in my pocket or don't show up at all.

I'm testing with the screen on my phone locked, I'm using the stock Email app and yes, email notifications are selected in the Gear Manager.

Jimmy Riley

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
a new update came out but i still have the same issue. We still haven't got the update that works with gmail to give you more information. i'm about ready to take it back and get my money back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana