Gear watch won't charge or turn on!

moni831

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I would make sure the progs are clean wiggle watch gently in its cradle close cradle. I'd restart my cell phone, check for updates for galaxy gear, clear history on cell phone.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, called the help line and they sent me a shipping label and told me to send it in, I did that on October 30th, came home today (November 7th) and my package with my fixed watch was here, they replaced pretty much everything but the band, they had to replace the LCD, the PBA and the cosmetic. Haven't powered it up yet, but I'm happy so far!

Posted via the Android Central App

pitzerwm

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I too had the same issue, but started working for a day or 2 then dead, sent in and came back, with a stronger vibrate and looks like battery life better. This seems like a lot of issues for something this new. The phone help line is pretty good, don't bother to email, no answer, chat is someone in Pluto that doesn't understand English. Speaking of battery life. When I was able to charge the first one, I got 40 hours, with min use other than being a watch. This first charge, although it came back 75% left. I charged to 100%, after 18 hours min use, still had 86% left.

Chopper Stopper

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days

I have the gear 2 does this work for it as well

Carl Good

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks I will try it. Also, the android app that the QR figure in the insert downloaded was all in Chinese. Does anyone know how to get it in English or of an app in English that will work with this phone.
Thanks

Luxan Santhakumar

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi had this issue also spent 3 hours trying to figure it out as had just got gear out of its box at very first plugging charger in a quick image appeared on screen then off after that nothing. Eventually being as carefully as possible while gear was in charging dock still plugged in i opened the lid not once did i move gear off contacts but did give sight wiggle then it came to life appears to me its a docking problem of some sort. of course I DON'T RECOMMEND opening lid while charging but thought id pass on what i figured out do at your own risk, I hope this helps others with this issue
I tried everything and didnt expect this to work. I've registered just to say thanks. This really has worked!!!!!

stitchey

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the issue of the Gear 1 not charging nor starting up. Sometimes it would come up with the spinning circle and then disappear.

After opening it up at the back with an electron/jewellery screwdriver and blowing on the contact strips, it's now charging successfully. Am now waiting on it to fully charge.

It's a stupid solution, but works....So far with a positive sign.

Littleuyi

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
This works perfectly! Try it, plug the gear into a laptop and wait for some minutes if not up to 30 minutes, it will start working. Mine is working now....great!

Jordan Kovats

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same (won't turn on), but different problem. While my phone was out for repairs for two weeks, I didn't wear my watch. It sat in the charger plugged in. Now it won't turn on. Thoughts?

Damas Nawanda

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days

It worked. Thanks!!

kalon1701

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Fantastic, after sending my watch to Samsung earlier in the year and having the same problem 2 months later, I found this website with such an easy solution, My watch is charging as I type this. I would never have thought to try the USB trick. Excllent stuff, many thanks.

Tim Barnett

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same issue. My Galaxy Gear watch sat in a drawer for three months and would not boot or charge. I used a small jewelers screwdriver to clean the contacts on the watch. Seems contact with oils on the skin and the watch sitting over time caused the contacts on watch to become poor conductors. I assume since the battery was completely drained that the larger than usual current draw of charging a completely dead battery created some kind of current barrier.

After cleaning both the contacts on watch and pins I was able to successfully charge and boot the watch.

I have seen similar problems with large appliances where inexperienced repair technicians measure voltages and assume all is ok. Once an appliance, like a dishwasher, draws normal current if there are poor electrical conductors or contacts the appliance will momentarily start and then quit.

Jo DeWolfe Gabriele

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Gear II. You are suppose to have 5 of the gold metal contacts on the back of your watch, and 5 pins on the charger. My watch only has 4 gold metal contacts. It won't charge anymore. I was having a difficult time charging it the last 3 or 4 times. and now it's dead and useless. I wonder if there is a recall for the poorly designed charging system they have for the Gear II? I'm going back to Best Buy tomorrow. They know us by name, we are golden customers to them. I'm sure they will take care of me. This is frustrating. I'm lost without it. I cannot miss doctor calls, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed