S-note Functionality Crippled In 2014 Version?

mkel2000

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Samsung tablets so I don't know how the S-note app worked previously. The version of S-note that I have has no menu bar at the top of the app and therefore does not have access (apparently) to the Functionalities menu that was there for previous versions. There is no way that I've found to access the setting to allow handwriting to text to work.

Does anyone have any input on this issue or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not crippled. Just different way to do it. Once you hand write something touch the cloud-shaped icon. Draw around your text you want changed. Then choose transform into, then go from there. Easy once you know it.

I'm new to Samsung tablets so I don't know how the S-note app worked previously. The version of S-note that I have has no menu bar at the top of the app and therefore does not have access (apparently) to the Functionalities menu that was there for previous versions. There is no way that I've found to access the setting to allow handwriting to text to work.

Does anyone have any input on this issue or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

mkel2000

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
That did it! Thank you. I sure wish Samsung would update their tech support peoples' knowledge as well as the help documentation on this feature. There are quite a number of posts elsewhere on the Internet regarding this particular issue so hopefully this resolution will show up in others' searches reading this issue.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Glad to help! I had watched a bunch of videos before I ever got the tablet. Otherwise I would have been in the same boat. Sometimes things aren't as intuitive as they should be.

That did it! Thank you. I sure wish Samsung would update their tech support peoples' knowledge as well as the help documentation on this feature. There are quite a number of posts elsewhere on the Internet regarding this particular issue so hopefully this resolution will show up in others' searches reading this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress