Galaxy Note 3 2014 bites the dust

ger0

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Luckily I bought one online from Costco. I thought it was really cool, great display, really fast etc, and the stylus is the only reason to buy this model. I had it in my possession since 2/17. Yesterday I wound up taking it back to Costco as it was having issues starting up . It first started being a little balky to start a couple of weeks ago, it would start finally after a few minutes of pressing the button, but then yesterday, I thought if I restored it back to factory new, that it might help the issue of not starting. It did not, because after I restored it, it would not start at all. I never loaded many apps as I originally bought it to use with Back Country Navigator and also to be able to use it to access the internet when I was home or away Jeeping. I will probably buy another one of the same model to see if it was an anomaly or whether it is common throughout the series......I am glad I can return it and can try it for 90 days with the Costco membership. I think that it is the only game in town if you want one with a hi tech stylus system.....please forgive my ignorance, as it is my first tablet and I don't have the experience most of you do. I am 66 and still tryin...........Do any of you have any idea if it is the series of tablets or maybe an isolated instance ???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a bummer, but yes, that's the great thing about buying from Costco! In addition, Costco offers discounted SquareTrade insurance for tablets for $79 (which lasts for 2 years), so that's something to consider.

I don't have direct experience with the Note 3, but I haven't seen a whole lot of similar posts in these forums about your problem. My guess is that it was a relatively isolated problem.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a great tablet ( I love costco but they only sell the note 8.0 , and the tab 3 series ) but I would just buy another one there and try it out and if it is lemon again there is other options with the stylus. It uses wacom digitizer ( which makes it work unlike the other type of stylus which you would buy for say your ipad) and there is other tablets that use it like the Windows surface ( not sure which ones but you can check it out in stores like bestbuy) if you want to try out a different tablet with the same kind of stylus. Not sure about other android tablets so can't tell you of any other ones

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, sorry to here about your Note3 problems. My Verizon Galaxy Note3(JellyBean OS) works flawless....so far. The best smartphone I've owned to date. I hope your happy with your new device......ENJOY

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, sorry to here about your Note3 problems. My Verizon Galaxy Note3(JellyBean OS) works flawless....so far. The best smartphone I've owned to date. I hope your happy with your new device......ENJOY

The galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition would be a really big phone... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez