Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By den1959
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung 10.1 2014 and the Kit Cat up load and now GPS wont work

Today my tablet uploaded Kit Cat. Every thing seems fine expect I can not get the GPS to work. Atleast I can not get my two main GPS tracking app's to work MyCarTrack and MapMyWalk apps to work. It's says my GPS is not on, but the tablet says it is. Any Idea's?

Default Re: Samsung 10.1 2014 and the Kit Cat up load and now GPS wont work

Quote Originally Posted by den1959 View Post
    Today my tablet uploaded Kit Cat. Every thing seems fine expect I can not get the GPS to work. Atleast I can not get my two main GPS tracking app's to work MyCarTrack and MapMyWalk apps to work. It's says my GPS is not on, but the tablet says it is. Any Idea's?
    Start by checking if your GPS works by using Google Maps. Verify if the GPS pins your location correctly. If it does, then your GPS works and it's a conflict with your apps. If that's the case, you should clear the apps data and cache via the Application Manager... that might do the trick. If not, uninstall and reinstall the apps from the Play store. If that fails as well, you might need to do a factory reset unless others chime in about this being a known bug. Hope you get it sorted out.

Might try and download and install this app as a test........ IT works with my updated tablet...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcross.gpstest

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks every one for the input. I got every thing running. I had to clear the cache of my app's that use GPS.
    charles777 likes this.