Battery stops charging when screen times out after update to 4.2.2

Downlander

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
My battery ceases charging if the screen times out after the 4.2.2 update ?

There is also the added aggravation of a very fast battery drain after said update.

Any ideas welcome

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me last week when I unboxed my new note. It was fine for a few hours until the kitkat upgrade finished. I found that the wattages of the chargers had no effect on this, but the problem went away when I started using Samsung brand chargers. Otherwise identical chargers from Apple or Cygnet would not work after a few seconds on standby or a few minutes with the screen on. Once I used the Samsung charger that came with the tablet (a Hong Kong charger with different voltage) and a locally bought Samsung travel adapter the problem went away completely.

There may be some kind of signal sent by the charger that detects non genuine or unlicensed chargers in the same way Apple can do with its cables.

Posted via Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Check voltage out put on chargers..... ALL CHARGERS are not created equal..... Samsung charger charge at 5.1 volts DC....

Dale

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
No, it's not the voltage output that matters. What matters is that it's A Samsung charger. I have two Samsung chargers that work: the one that came in my Hong Kong Note box (5.3V) and my Australian Samsung charger (5.0V). iPad chargers with identical voltage and current output do not work because they are not Samsung.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
That's strange as I have two samsung chargers (one 5v and one 5.2v) and a non samsung 5v and only the 5.2v charge will charge my Note. But maybe that's a UK thing?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Only tablet is going to know if its a Samsung cable is if pins 5 & 4 of micro USB connector are connected together either with straight connection or through resistor similar to OTG cable.... And I don't think that is a given....

Guys over on XDA developers forum have been all through this, and conclusion is some aftermarket chargers are just crappy units even if made by Apple or whoever....

There is no "codes" transmitted between charger and table so it IS a voltage & amperage issue...

Another thing if cable conductors are to small, there is actual voltage drop due to resistance in cable so tablet is undernourished,,,, Only use heavy duty cable...

Alternatively I have a 5 volt 2.4 amp Rocketfish mobile charger (off 12 volt DC) for table when I am mobile and it charges tablet just fine....

Dale