Multi window and rooting

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a long story, but I had my house raided a few weeks back and my Note 2014 was stolen. Couldn't live without it, so bought another one.
Still on JB here in the UK, however I noticed a few differences between the tablets, basically more bloatware that I can't get rid of, different on-screen warnings when configuring apps, and less control over auto updates.

In multi window on my previous 2014 I had added other downloaded apps, eg Calculator plus and Kingsoft Office. After multiple attempts I find I'm unable to reproduce this, can't remember how I did it before. Anyone any Ideas?

In desperation went to the Playstore and downloaded MW Apps manager, which seems like a well written app with a big following of very happy users, trouble is, it doesn't work for me. Get a toast warning saying " Your device has no root, or has been denied root access".

To root or not to root, that is the question, ....... I think I will, but how do I do It?

Would greatly appreciate some help on this.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
If u got SM-P605 LTE version and can use Towelroot to root. Without triggeing KNOX and keep warranty. IF got wifi version and there are no still known method to root without triggering KNOX yet.

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info Moshe and John.
I appear to have the same model. SM-P600 Wi-Fi version, running JB , but different build number.

Not happy about invalidating my warranty, considering I have only had this new tablet for a week, and don't understand how I managed to add other apps to my Multi window before without rooting ?
I didn't dream it, hadn't rooted before, and these apps were definitely there available in multi window, surely the new build number couldn't have disabled this somehow?

Really worried about triggering Knox, as like a lot of things on this tablet, there is very little pre-information when activating features or even app updates, until the deed is done, and then it's too late, there's no going back!
Kind of got a dread of app and systen updates, as in the past have had a lot of bad experiences with updates on iOS .... which btw, I would never revert to. Android is a breath of fresh air!

On my last Note 10.1 2014 I had Device Manager app loaded, however tracking for this just shows "unavailable". Again no info available from the app.,....... is this just because GPS is turned off on the tablet, or because it has not yet been online ? They didn't nick the battery charger, so maybe it's just dead!
Really pi $$ ed about this!

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Calculator plus is still multi window compatiblw even without root.
qa9ese5a.jpg

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Discovered the reason. I've been trying to add CALCULATOR to the multi window, and it's just not compatible. This has an icon which looks very like Calculator plus.
now downloaded it and added to multi window no bother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch